PDA

View Full Version : Lasersketch?

Mary Geitz
09-14-2011, 8:49 AM
Does anyone know if Lasersketch has gone out of business? Their website is down and no one answers the phone.

Kevin Huffman
09-14-2011, 9:46 AM
That would be very sad, we order stuff from there from time to time.

Gary and Jessica Houghton
09-14-2011, 11:36 AM
I just talked to Captain Jim Yesterday. I did not get the feeling or was not told they were going out of business.
I just went on their website. Seems to be working fine.

Tim Bateson
09-14-2011, 3:01 PM
I do occasionally use them, but I always have to paint fill. I'm not impressed - Super soft with very little contrast. My settings normally for Marble are S 15%, P 100%. For Lasersketch it's S 75%, P 45%.

Bruce Dorworth
09-14-2011, 4:03 PM
Laser Sketch has this "hard marble" that they supposedly get from China or something. I used it and was really impressed, but I am a nubie and don't have the trained eye that a lot of people here have. The whites were really white. Bad part is it only comes in 6"x6" tiles.

If someone is going to do a 12"x12" picture out of 6"x6" tiles. Would you break the picture into 4 pieces or assemble the 4 tiles on your laser table and engrave all at once?

Bruce

Anthony Welch
09-14-2011, 4:17 PM
Bruce, I've done 4- 12x16 mosaics w/LaserTile and just engraved each tile individually.
Turned out fine.

Anthony

Martin Boekers
09-14-2011, 7:18 PM
Just checked their website is up and running. With all the awards they won it
s hard to imagine them closing. I quit using them when it took over 6 months
to get product. Was told over and over again it would be here, a large project
that was kicking off at a fundraising dinner needed granite bricks, missed it.
Lost work and a bit embarassed by it. Service is key to me. I still by a few things
once or twice a year but that's it. I "fired" 2 vendors this year because of missed
product deadlines and quality of products. If you promise something you gotta make good.

Bruce Dorworth
09-14-2011, 7:25 PM
Thanks Anthony, what software did you use to break up the file with?

Bruce

Martin Boekers
09-15-2011, 9:33 AM
You can do it right out of Corel Draw.

Here is info on how to do it;

www.bestblanks.com/blog/sublimation/how-to-make-a-tile-mural-using-coreldraw/ (http://www.bestblanks.com/blog/sublimation/how-to-make-a-tile-mural-using-coreldraw/)

Mary Geitz
09-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Hmmm...I see it's up and working now. Interestingly, a person in another forum asked the same question.