PDA

View Full Version : Not wood this time, but lookin for comments

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-24-2005, 12:36 AM
The LOML finished this this morning. I have been trying to get her to sell her work, but she doesn't think they are good enough. Therefore, I'm bringing it here for your unfrettered opinions, both pro and con. (She says that i'm prejudiced)

Thanks for lookin',

Bruce ;)

Tony Falotico
02-24-2005, 6:39 AM
What are they made from?

Dave Brandt
02-24-2005, 7:08 AM
Not good enough?!? If they're porcelain (or whatever) they're awesome. I thought they were soft, sewn dolls at first look!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-24-2005, 8:24 AM
Not good enough?!? If they're porcelain (or whatever) they're awesome. I thought they were soft, sewn dolls at first look!

I too thought they were soft dolls as well! Either way, I can see people buying those for a good price. Especially if they are "hand made"

Dick Parr
02-24-2005, 8:31 AM
Bruce tell here those are beautiful! :) The only problem I see her having is keeping up with the orders. :D That is just beautiful work and your prejudiced for a darn good reason.

Very nice work :)

Bruce Page
02-24-2005, 9:21 AM
Bruce, those are way cool! LOYL could sell them as fast as she could make them!

Pete Lamberty
02-24-2005, 9:35 AM
Hi Bruce, I think that they look fantastic! Your wife should try to sell them. The only question that I would have is if she could get enough money for the time she puts into them. Tell us more about them. What are they made from? How big are they? How long does it take to make them?

Ken Fitzgerald
02-24-2005, 9:54 AM
Bruce....those are certainly sellable!

Jerry Olexa
02-24-2005, 11:05 AM
Those are beautiful. I'd better hide your post or my wife would want to buy them. What is the material, I'm serious about LOML would want to buy...:D

Jim Becker
02-24-2005, 12:07 PM
My mom does this kind of work and it's amazing about how nice they can look...as your wife's work evidences...when the maker really understands how to color them. Wonderful! Your lovely really should get them on the market...

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Some answers to your questions.

They are ceramic. 7" tall X 12" wide X 5" deep

With cleaning, firing, and preperation, the time is about 10 Hours.

Discounting the firing time, since she can be doing other things while that's happening, we are looking at about $30.00 plus shipping.

How does that sound to you folks?

Thanks for your interest and comments. They are really appreciated.

Bruce

Jim Stastny
02-24-2005, 12:47 PM
I think $30.00 plus shipping would be a bargin for those pieces. They look great.

Michael Ballent
02-24-2005, 1:06 PM
Those are GREAT!!! I think that price is a bit low though, depending on how much time she is actually working on the piece. I am assuming that she is using a mold, time with it, needs to dry it out before it goes into the kiln, prep it before it fires, fire and let it cool, glaze, dry it, another glazing, dry, and fire again. She is probably spending about 4-6 hours of actual time, so you are looking at 7.50 to 5 bucks an hour, and that is not even counting on the cost of materials and cost to fire the piece.