PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell tools

Rick Potter
09-12-2011, 11:35 AM
This is just idle curiosity. Is the 'new' Rockwell tool company in any way related to the old Rockwell tool company which was sometimes related to the 'old' Delta tool company? I know that at times some machinery, including my bandsaw was labeled Rockwell/Delta, or Delta/Rockwell.

I know that Delta was owned by Pentair, sold to Black & Decker, and then sold again to the new Taiwanese owners. What I am wondering is whether the Rockwell name was still associated with Delta when all this happened.

So, was Rockwell out there all the time making some sort of product, and just got back into tools, or is it just another case of a venerated company name being bought up by some holding company?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,
Rick Potter

Rick Lizek
09-12-2011, 6:02 PM
The name was bought by another company.

Dave Lehnert
09-12-2011, 11:31 PM
My understanding is the name was purchased by a new company. But also hear that the new ROCKWELL was started by former employees of some of the bigger names. So they should not be dismissed as a cookie cutter tool with a old name stuck on it. But are trying to be a serious brand name tool manufacture. As always, the proof will be in the tools themselves.

Again, How true all this is I don't know. Just what I have heard and read off the net.

michael veach
09-13-2011, 12:40 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Machinery

Rick Potter
09-13-2011, 2:16 AM
Thanks for the answers guys. I assume that Stanley Black & Deckers kept the rights to the Porter Cable line of tools. It's getting hard to keep track of the players without a scorecard these days.

Rick Potter
Ahhh. Idle curiosity satisfied.

Simon Dupay
09-13-2011, 4:58 AM
Rockwell also owned porter-cable back in day.

Kyle Iwamoto
09-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Rockwell also owned porter-cable back in day.

I had to look this up (on Wiki, so you KNOW it's true. Chuckle) I just though it's curious, that Rockwell International bought PC back in the day. Yes, this is the same Rockwell that makes (or should I say made) the B-1, F-86 etc. I'd have never guessed.....
So my vintage 110v non variable, non reversing, no brake, manual key chuck drill is related to the B1b bomber.

James Taglienti
09-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I had to look this up (on Wiki, so you KNOW it's true. Chuckle) I just though it's curious, that Rockwell International bought PC back in the day. Yes, this is the same Rockwell that makes (or should I say made) the B-1, F-86 etc. I'd have never guessed..... So my vintage 110v non variable, non reversing, no brake, manual key chuck drill is related to the B1b bomber.Heck if its aluminum it might be made FROM one!