PDA

View Full Version : Small memorial pedestal

Ron Bontz
09-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Well after several changes to the design, I finished a pedestal for a memorial piece of WTC steel. It is displayed at the Fire House where I work. I would like to give a big thank you to Mike Null for suggesting corian instead of wood and getting this thing engraved in a timely fashion. Also a HUGE thank you to (K&D Counter Tops) here in St. Louis /Trenton,IL. for donating the corian used for the panels. As usual, the over all cost was more than planed. Typical of me.
White ash with corian inlays basically. I am not sure I even like the design and I'll be watching to see how the 1/8 thick x 1/4" inlays hold. But I am liking the corian. Now I find myself looking at lasers thinking how I can incorporate them into my wood butchery. Chop, chop, burn burn. :D There are two sets of LED lights. One in each column and another set in each corner. The corner lights were not in when I snapped the pics. The base is roughly 21" square and 36" tall. The top adds another 15.5" to the height. A piece of bent WTC (I beam)steel sits between the columns. I tried to keep the columns scaled to the WTCs about 1:6.55. Or in this case 2" x 13.1" roughly. C&Cs are always welcome. Forgot to mention the camera was only a 1 meg. Uploads easier. Thanks.207445207444207443

Dee Gallo
09-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Nice job, Ron! I love the contrast between the wood and the Corian.

cheers, dee

Martin Boekers
09-12-2011, 1:02 PM
WOW! I think that says it all!

Frank Corker
09-13-2011, 5:18 AM
Brilliant job Ron

paul mott
09-13-2011, 5:44 AM
Very nice work indeed.

Paul.