PDA

View Full Version : Another piece for the Epilepsy Foundation Auction

Curt Fuller
09-11-2011, 12:53 AM
I was fortunate also to have Robin Costelle ask me to participate in the fundraiser for the Epilepsy Foundation. I turned this small hollowform from a hunk of good old dry Utah Box Elder burl. It's 5.5" wide by 5" tall with a natural burl edge opening. The walls are pretty thin near the top and gradually thicken towards the bottom for a little ballast. It's finished with Antique Oil and then Beall buffed.

Bill Bolen
09-11-2011, 1:14 AM
Wow Curt! A beautiful piece of wood that you have done a marvelous job with. Outstanding flowing form top to bottom and that opening sets it apart from most HF's. I think this one will take in some major bucks.

Michelle Rich
09-11-2011, 7:43 AM
she's pretty alright! gorgeous!

John Keeton
09-11-2011, 7:48 AM
Curt, you do such nice work with these NE HFs!! This one is very, very nice, and box elder burl is the premium burl wood IMO - just very hard to beat for consistent figure.

Bernie Weishapl
09-11-2011, 9:53 AM
That is a beauty Curt. Really nice box elder and has a lot going on. Should do well for the fundrasier.

charlie knighton
09-11-2011, 1:11 PM
very nice, Curt, going to a good cause

Jon Nuckles
09-11-2011, 5:07 PM
Very pretty piece, and I especially like the view of the opening featured in the first picture. Generous of you to donate it to a good cause. Thanks for posting it first.

Roger Chandler
09-11-2011, 8:55 PM
A beautifully grained piece of wood...........and very nicely turned and finished..........nice one Curt!