PDA

View Full Version : Flea Market Find Gloat

bob blakeborough
09-10-2011, 9:00 PM
So today my lovely wife talked me into taking a drive into the country through some small towns and hamlets we have never been through. Stopped in this one town of about 2000 people and saw a little antique mall/flea market so we had to stop in. I walked out with 5 moulding planes in beautiful condition, and an interesting little double sided Record side rabbet plane, also in great shape. I found a set of 17 moulding planes in great shape manufactured by a company in Montreal. The fellow wanted $22.00 each which I thought might be a bit steep so I passed, but I am reconsidering making an offer on the complete set still... We'll see! Anyways, here is what I had the cash on hand to buy today...

Andrew Gibson
09-10-2011, 9:56 PM
looks good. it is amazing how handy a side rabbet can be when you need one... It can sit in the box for months and then all of a sudden I will use mine several time on one project and then back in the toolbox it goes. I will not be without mine for the rest of my woodworking life.

As for the molding planes I really want buy a set and learn to use them effectively.

Looks like a good set of finds, and they all appear to be in good shape.

Mark Baldwin III
09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Nice find! It looks like I wasn't the only one having a good time at flea markets today. Found a box of 22 molding planes, $15 each or $220 for the whole box. I took three of 'em. I found a nice Miller's Falls brace too.