PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw advice needed

Rudy Fuselier
02-23-2005, 10:21 PM
I have an opportunity to buy a Delta model 28-299b 14 inch bandsaw that is brand new still in the box, although it is 2 years old. It comes with the riser block and the mobile base. It is the 1.5 hp model and I can get it for about $500. The price on the internet for that model is approximately $850. My question is should I go ahead and get it or should I put that money towards a different saw? I so, which one?

Larry D. Wagner
02-24-2005, 7:39 AM
Rudy,

The Delta bandsaw has a good reputation and at that price, it probably is a good deal.
The only thing I would think about, is will this be of adequate size in the future and if so, I'd say go for it.

Larry

Charlie Plesums
02-24-2005, 10:05 AM
I think that is the model that competes with the 14 inch Jet. I bought the Jet, and then sold it to buy the cheaper Grizzly G0555 that had more features. The Grizzly had clearly been built in the same factor as the Jet (many of the castings were identical), and costs well under $500 delivered.

I love the Grizzly - great 14 inch bandsaw - although it is only ok (as was the Jet) for resawing. Someday I will get one of the bigger bandsaws, but in the meantime, the Grizzly works well.