PDA

View Full Version : Blum 562 Undermounts with blomotion

Galen Nagen
09-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I got a good buy on some Blum 562 undermounts with the soft close. I didn't buy the locking devices because I had some. Now it appears they have changed the locking devices. Does anyone know if they will still work with the older ones. I used the Blum 562 undermounts without the soft close and it is those orange locking devices I am referring to. I hope it doesn't make any difference.

thanks

Galen

scott vroom
09-10-2011, 2:55 AM
Blum customer support should be able to answer your question.

Caspar Hauser
09-10-2011, 4:59 AM
In what way have the locking devices changed?

The locks I've been using haven't changed in years and work on both the soft close and older none soft close Blum 562 slides.

Galen Nagen
09-10-2011, 10:05 AM
This is what I have seen. I was not aware of this type of locking device.

Galen

Peter Quinn
09-10-2011, 1:55 PM
Well, I'm stumped. You say they have changed clips, but I can't find any reference to new clips on the Blum site, I can't find anyone selling new clips among my regular suppliers, and the case of Blum 562's I just opened for the job I'm on at work has the regular inset drawer clips I have been seeing for a decade. So where have you seen these new clips? Did you try a dry fit to see if your old ones would still work? That drawing looks like an easier way to mount the clips, but I'd bet the clips fit and work exactly the same way.

Galen Nagen
09-10-2011, 2:49 PM
If you go to this website http://www.drawerslides.com/p/562h5330c

and click on the locking devices pdf you will see the new locking device.

I am going to try to old locking devices. These look better though.

Galen Nagen

Peter Quinn
09-10-2011, 3:12 PM
Those look great if they fit your application. They do require a 5/8 drawer front, most of the boxes I make or buy have 1/2" sides and fronts, so those would not work. But that looks am lot quicker and easier to install than the clips with the angled holes. Maybe they are all headed is way?

Galen Nagen
09-10-2011, 4:57 PM
They would hold better.

GN