PDA

View Full Version : bank of america details request

anthony wall
09-09-2011, 9:15 PM
i have just recieved an e mail from bank of america??? basicaly saying that they have had a computer glitch and lost a lot of my details and could i fill in the blanks for them. the mail starts - dear valued customer ,now any company would adress their customers by name so immediately the alarm bells were ringing ,next they asked for my online account no -ring ring ring-but the clincher was that i have never had an account with bank of america ,apart from that the e mail looked quite authentic, i wonder how many people actualy reply to these scam e mails

glenn bradley
09-10-2011, 12:03 AM
These appear a couple times a year and look very good.

Dan Hintz
09-10-2011, 10:50 AM
i have just recieved an e mail from bank of america???
No, you didn't... ;)

Michael Weber
09-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Scam scam scam

Robert LaPlaca
09-10-2011, 12:44 PM
It's called phishing.. You NEVER want to disclose sensivite details in an e-mail as the information is in clear text (non encrypted), no legitimate financial institution would ask for senstive information that way... You also need to be careful with e-mails directing you to otherwise 'legitimate' looking web sites looking for such details, invariably such web sites are rouge...

Myk Rian
09-11-2011, 1:31 PM
I replied to one of those e-mails a year ago. The next day, there was $1,000,000 extra in my savings account.
Then I woke up, and got out of bed.