PDA

View Full Version : Black Ash Burl Gloat from Cory Norgart

Chris Burgess
09-08-2011, 9:29 AM
Some time ago I made a trade with Cory Norgart. At the time I initiated the swap I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had recently come into a large amount of Water Oak Burl and he posted a gloat on a large piece of Black Ash Burl so I figured we could swap flat rates. Well come to find out Cory runs Up North Burls and this is what he does. Being a rank armature I stressed that I wanted him to get my box in and send what he felt was fair trade as his burl is super clean. Well this is what I got.

2 Nice Box Eder Burl Blanks
2 4sq Black Ash Burl (BAB) chunks
1 BAB Peppermill blank
several 2sq BAB pieces some Died all Stabilized
and about 17 7/8x5 BAB Pen Blanks Stabilized, already turned a couple

This is by far some of the finest wood I have ever seen and definitely the nicest I have turned to date.

I was showing off some pens of various woods the other day and got several multiple pen orders and EVERYONE wanted the Black Ash Burl so I had to shop for it, because they can’t have my stash. I ended up back at Cory because I wanted him to have my business because of his generosity and he gave best price over everyone else. Just a top notch guy.

I tell you this stuff is so nice it lives in my closet to make sure this heat does not mess with it.

Thanks Cory!!!

Tim Rinehart
09-08-2011, 9:34 AM
Nice!!! That's some sweet stash!

Jim Burr
09-08-2011, 2:48 PM
Cory always has the best BAB...and they make great pens!!

David E Keller
09-08-2011, 7:58 PM
I've had a similar experience with Cory, and he definitely has the nicest black ash burl that I've seen! Congrats on the gloat!

Baxter Smith
09-08-2011, 8:51 PM
Great stash of wood! Enjoy!

Bernie Weishapl
09-08-2011, 9:35 PM
Really nice looking stash of wood.

Dave Mueller
09-08-2011, 10:26 PM
I just got some dyed black ash burl and also his 20 lbs of burl cutoffs. There were some delivery problems with UPS, but Cory came through like a trooper. I now have a lot of burl pieces to play with, thanks to Cory.

Donny Lawson
09-09-2011, 6:35 AM
That is some nice looking wood. It should keep you busy a while. The Box Elder will make some nice stoppers.

Rick Robbins
09-09-2011, 11:01 AM
that's one of the burl's High on my list. look's like Cory is a Great Guy. Rick

Reid Strand
09-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Oh, Nice Ash!

Chris Burgess
09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Oh, Nice Ash!

Why, thank you.........:o

:D:D:D:D:D:D