PDA

View Full Version : Another Customer Service GOOD post.....

Bill Huber
09-07-2011, 9:00 PM
Last fall I bought a cabinet router bit set from Woodline at the Woodworking show here in Dallas. It has just set in the box and I have been using my little cheap rail and stile set from Milwaukee to practice with so I can get them set up right every time.

This weekend it was time to start working the Woodline set to put into play what I had learned from using the Milwaukee. Well try as I could, I could not get the stile bet to set up right, it was always a little high or the next time it was a little low and the slot was just to wide.

After a few attempts at it I started really looking at the bit to why I could not get it to set up. I took the bearing and slot cutter off and saw the problem, one of 3 carbide tips was higher then the others and made the slot cutter set at an angle on top of the profile.

I sent Woodline an email first thing Tuesday morning and by 10:00 I had one back. Wayne ask me to call him because he did not understand just what the problem was. I called him explained it to him, he said send it in and would take a look at it.

He received it this afternoon at 2:15 and I got an email at 2:30 stating a new set was on it way.

Now what more could you ask for?

David Nelson1
09-08-2011, 5:03 AM
Outstand Bill! Love to hear these stories.

Doug Colombo
09-08-2011, 8:16 AM
Wayne is a great guy to talk to at the shows and has always said that his customer support is top notch - looks like that is truly the case !!!

Bill Huber
09-09-2011, 3:27 PM
The new bits arrived today, what great service.

George Gyulatyan
09-09-2011, 7:29 PM
That's an outstanding service.

Bill Trouard
09-09-2011, 8:34 PM
I just had a similar experience with Wixey. I started having an issue with a 9 month old Wixey WR510.
two emails to Wixey and a new one is on the way the same day. I was told just keep the old one for spare parts. fantastic and prompt service from a small 2 man company.

Mike Delyster
09-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks Bill, nice to here about good customer service.

Jim Summers
09-11-2011, 6:48 PM
Did the new set resolve the alignment issue?

Bill Huber
09-11-2011, 7:00 PM
Did the new set resolve the alignment issue?

Sure did, Wayne said he had never see that before.

Here is the top of the 3 wings where they connect to the main body of the bit, the bearing and slot cutter have been taken off.