PDA

View Full Version : Corel Question

Martin Boekers
09-07-2011, 7:18 PM
Are there any textures that can be directly imported into Corel Draw, such as woods or marbles?

I can do it through a photo editing program, but I din't know if there is a direct way to do textures.

Thanks!

Duncan Crawford
09-07-2011, 9:23 PM
Martin,

Good question... per these guys, however, it may not be possible directly: http://www.designprize.net/corel-draw-graphics-suite-guide/applying-texture-fills-1.html

Mike Null
09-08-2011, 4:42 AM
Martin

Corel is full of textures. Create what you need. Use the colorfill tool and explore all the options. With many your can adjust them. Also check out the post script fill tool.

There are literally millions of options.

Martin Boekers
09-08-2011, 2:41 PM
Thanks Mike, I recently upgraded from 12 to X5 so still learning the ins and outs.
The virtual segment tools has made my life so much easier already!
I got the Unleashed CD set for X5 also just waiting to get some time to learn all the neat
stuff. This may be too many toys at one time. ;-)

I also got a small Walcom tablet with it so I starting to get the hang of that to.

Gearing up for another quarter, been nominated for a handful of awards coming up, we'll
see how it pans out!

USTRANSCOM is getting a new Commander this fall as Gen McNabb is retiring. I'm going
to miss him he always had a challange for me and was one of my staunchest supporters.

Chuck Stone
09-08-2011, 2:48 PM
I also got a small Walcom tablet with it so I starting to get the hang of that to.

Oh, you're gonna like that. You never understand how people can think any graphics
program could be considered 'easy' until you use a tablet. Suddenly, it all clicks.
Moving around with a mouse isn't intuitive if you're working on images, but a pen is.

Martin Boekers
09-08-2011, 3:01 PM
I do a good amount of work with graphics and out lines so I can't wait to dig in.

Corel made this easier as last month they had a sale for about $250 it included
an upgrade X5 Painter 11 and a Walcom tablet so they got me!

They also had Unleased & PaintShop Pro X3 largely discounted and through in KPT
Power Tools and a handful of stuff. Now I'm too busy for the next mont to play with them.