PDA

View Full Version : "Can not reset!"

Carrol Fleming
09-07-2011, 8:28 AM
I have tried searching for help on these problems but no luck.

My Epilog Mini 24 has started giving me a "Can not reset!" error when I press the reset button. This is very frustrating as I need to switch the machine off and on again if I want to restart a job.
Problem two my focus - I can move the table down but not up. (I can move the table up manually by turning the machine off and using the belt). I do not use auto focus. I contacted Epilog and they sent me a new Linear Head PCB but this has not solved the problem. Any suggestions?

Carrol

Martin Boekers
09-07-2011, 10:04 AM
The only time I have a reset issue is when I start a job and (I use auto focus) is if in the focusting process
I hit the pause before 8 or 9 sec. then it doesn't let me reset it. So I need to make sure it's at 8 seconds or so before I stop it.
Not sure if that will help with your situation.

Carrol Fleming
09-08-2011, 2:09 AM
Hi Martin

Thanks for your reply, the "Can not reset!" message happens as soon as I press the reset button regardless of when I press it, even if I have no jobs sent to the machine (I had the auto focus reset problem in my early engraving days so removed the auto focus plunger).

I have had another reply from Epilog tech and they have suggested I try another Linear Head (just in case the one they sent me is faulty) and a mother board - I hope one of these work as the shipping costs scary amounts so I cannot really afford to ship parts just to try them. On the bright side, my machine works, I just have to avoid jobs where I move the start point and then find I need to restart the job .... lift the lid and wait for the job to run its course or stop, switch off and on and reset the start point ...

Regards
Carrol

Mark Ross
09-08-2011, 9:17 AM
Carrol,

Do you have an auto focus plunger on your machine? It adjusts the table up and down automatically? Its a little metal doo hickey...it might be sticking, we have it happen on our Epilog 36EXT. When the plunger sticks, our table will bottom out and not return upwards. Cleaning that usually does the trick. If you have a plunger, check this.

Steve Clarkson
09-08-2011, 9:29 AM
Carrol,

I had the same exact problem you have. It is definitely an issue with the auto plunger......the machine senses that the table is at its highest position, regardless where it actually is......which is why you can move the table down and not up. I do believe the fix was installing a new PCB board, but you may have to replace the plunger itself. Like Mark said, you should check to make sure that the plunger is clean and not stuck and you might want to try to completely remove it and see if you can move the table up/down and reset.

Carrol Fleming
09-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Success! I have been doing a fair amount of wood and leather recently and, whilst I had removed the visible part of the auto focus plunger soon after I received the machine the remaining swithc part of the plunger had somehow been pushed up and stuck so, having removed the lens/mirror attachment and gently pulled the whole thing forward for a proper clean, I realized the black switch was raised – reset that and all is well.

So even when removed the auto focus causes problems! :)

Thanks for all the help.
Carrol

Dan Wilhelm
07-20-2015, 5:36 PM
I love this forum. Just searched for "Can not reset," found a post with the exact problem I'm having now, along with a solution.

Kev Williams
07-20-2015, 8:37 PM
problem solved quick, very nice! My Gravograph LS900 will do the same thing. The machine is waiting for the plunger to release the switch...