PDA

View Full Version : Highboy

Dennis Ford
09-06-2011, 9:33 PM
I usually hang out in the turners forum but occasionally do other types of woodworking. This highboy has been "in progress" in my shop way too long. Now it is waiting for the finish to cure before being moved into the house. I will replace the knobs on the two central drawers with something that matches better. The carcass and drawers have hand cut dovetails. There are plenty of mistakes but my wife likes it and I am happy to get it out of the shop.

gary Zimmel
09-06-2011, 9:38 PM
"There are plenty of mistakes but my wife likes it and I am happy to get it out of the shop."

I for one would be very proud to have that piece as part of my shop....;)
Sweet piece Dennis. Very well done.

lowell holmes
09-07-2011, 8:24 AM
What is the wood you used?

It looks good.

Gregory King
09-07-2011, 1:22 PM
Dennis, the only mistake that I notice is that you only made one piece. Where's mine? Why does every one forget poor me.

Sam Layton
09-08-2011, 7:25 PM
Dennis,

Your Highboy is beautiful. If you don't tell anyone there is mistakes, no one will know. I know your wife will be proud. What type of finish did you use?

Sam

Baxter Smith
09-08-2011, 8:56 PM
Great work Dennis! I thought I was going to be attempting such things when I retired but seem to have been pulled in another woodworking direction for now.

Cody Colston
09-09-2011, 1:33 AM
That's pretty nice work for a spinny guy, especially a Texan!

That's a wonderful accomplishment and I'm sure it will look great in your home. If there are mistakes, you did a good job of covering them up.

Tim Anderson
09-09-2011, 6:38 AM
Wish my mistakes looked that good. As a point of reference, what is a long overdue project? I've got a project that is starting to look like a permanent shop fixture.

Jim Kountz
09-20-2011, 3:02 PM
Nice job!! One of these is on my future list for sure but in the meantime MORE PICS!!!

Von Bickley
09-20-2011, 3:10 PM
I must be crazy...... I cannot understand why a person that can build that kind of furniture is spinning wood.

Beautiful piece of furniture.......