PDA

View Full Version : Pre-fab drawer box recommendations?

Will Rowland
09-06-2011, 5:10 PM
In a few weeks I need to do quick remodel on a bathroom in one of my rental properties. I need to build a 60" wide single-sink built-in vanity, with 3 drawers on each side, and 2 doors below the sink.

I don't really have the time right now to build the vanity completely from scratch, so I was planning on purchasing pre-fabricated drawer boxes (shipped knocked down) and drawer fronts. A Google search reveals a number of companies selling pre-fab drawers/drawer fronts, though a quite a few of them appear to be geared towards supplying commercial shops.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a company that will quickly supply drawer boxes and drawer fronts to a non-pro? I searched the archives, but most of threads were a few years old, and from my experience many businesses in the building trades have changed their operating practices a bit since the housing market downturn.

John Nesmith
09-06-2011, 6:05 PM
Wood Mag recently did a piece on buying custom dove-tailed drawers. It wasn't really a comprehensive review of suppliers, but they did order one drawer from 3 makers for comparison purposes. The three were: Western Dovetail, Walzcraft and Eagle Bay. Eagle Bay was significantly higher in price, particularly for small orders.

The prices ranged from $62 to $104 for a 4 3/8" x 13" x 20" half-blind drawer, including shipping.

Forgot to add, those prices were for assembled drawers, which incur a greater shipping cost than unassembled.

johnny means
09-06-2011, 6:12 PM
Before I started making my own, I had settled on CCF Industries. They never made me feel like my 4 or 5 little drawers weren't important and I always got a quality product exactly to specs.

Joe Jensen
09-06-2011, 7:27 PM
I use Drawer Connection in Mesa Arizona. I use them primarily because they are local, less than 10 miles from my house. I've only ordered 1/2" BB Ply drawers with half blind dovetails. The pricing seems very attractive to me, not much more than me buying the plywood myself. Here are a couple examples,

1) 26" wide, 21" deep, 4" high, 9 ply prefinished BB Plywood, pre assembled, notched and drilled for Blumotion slides $22.98 each
2) 17" wide, 14" deep, 9" high, 9 ply unfinished BB Plywood, pre assembled and sanded, $15.11 each
3) 17" wide, 14" deep, 5" high, 9 ply unfinished BB Plywood, pre assembled and sanded, $8.83 each