PDA

View Full Version : Looking for small glass triangle suncatcher

Scott Shepherd
09-06-2011, 1:42 PM
I have a customer that orders these things from us once a year and once a year, we have a fit with the supplier. We ordered them this year, with plenty of time. We were told they had 150 in stock and we needed less than 24 of them. We ordered them on the phone. The package showed up today, didn't have those in there and they said we never ordered them, and we're looking at 10-15 business days before they would ship, as they don't have any in stock (wonder where they went?).

We've tried two sources now, our main supplier (Chicago) and one place in New Mexico. No one has it. They are made by the Slee corporation and distributed to everyone else.

Anyone got any sources for this thing? I'm in a jam, as the customers event is coming up soon.

Any help would be appreciated. It's about 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 3 1/2", 3/16" thick with a hole in the top, all beveled edges.

Steve Clarkson
09-06-2011, 4:51 PM
Scott........have you tried the local craft stores? I know that I picked up some last year for like $1 each in various shapes......oval, stocking, etc. They might have triangles.

nancy barry
09-07-2011, 6:26 AM
I looked in my glass wholesale catalogs as they offer many shaped bevels and ornaments. There are triangle bevels but these are not what you pictured. There does not seem to be a triangle shape in the ornament section. The difference is that a bevel has ~1/2" per side that is angled. An ornament has a thinner edge and is not the same quality wise. Neither bevel or ornament is of the crystal quality that Slee sells... IT would be possible to cut some clear glass, angle polish the edges and drill a hole for hanging. This would not be the same as what is pictured but would be an available alternative.

good luck,nancyB