PDA

View Full Version : B&B They Even Let Me Enter!

George Guadiane
09-06-2011, 1:38 PM
These are my Beauty and The Beast entries for the internet contest.
Beauty: 6 3/4 inches high by 5 3/4 inches in diameter
Finish: Kukui nut oil sanded to 800, finished with VanAqua 485 Water Based Polyurethane
Description: Beauty is well dressed in curly red oak and walnut "OATS" segments highlighted with alternating walnut and maple veneers. She is wearing a closely cut matching necklace/choker below an expansive flared collar.

Beast: 8 1/2 inches high by 12 inches in diameter
Finish: Kukui nut oil sanded to 800, lightly buffed with microcrystaline wax.
Description: The Beast came from Hawaii in a piece of Eucalyptus Robusta burl. He was uncovered, unleashed if you will, to my surprise with his face fully formed as you see him. A sure hit at upcoming Halloween parties.

As Always, All Questions. Comments and Critiques Welcome!

Ed Morgano
09-06-2011, 2:22 PM
George, that is some beautiful work. Good luck with the contest.

Jim Burr
09-06-2011, 2:27 PM
Lucky guy!!! Hart made me pay to get in:rolleyes::mad:

John Keeton
09-06-2011, 4:15 PM
George, those are both very well done! I like that necklace!

Rick Markham
09-06-2011, 5:36 PM
George, those are fantastic. You guys are putting up some stiff competition for this contest. I'm with John, the captured necklace on that form is really incredible. I love the color of that form too, it's very pleasing to my eye. Your beast is spectacular as well, it certainly looks beastly, the thickness of the form adds to it's ancient look. Well done!

George Guadiane
09-06-2011, 8:09 PM
Thank you all for the kind comments and good luck to everyone in a full field of quality work!

Bob Bergstrom
09-06-2011, 9:07 PM
Beautiful work on both parts. Nice use of natural voids to display a visual effect. Thanks for sharing.

charlie knighton
09-06-2011, 9:27 PM
very nice, good luck George

Bernie Weishapl
09-06-2011, 9:33 PM
Those are beauties George. Good Luck.