PDA

View Full Version : Spooler Subsystem ERROR Message . . . HELP please

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Has anyone ever had this error message before. I think it may be caused by the laser? If so, how do we fix it?

Scott Challoner
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Rebooting the computer will re-start the spooler. You can also go to "Services" in your control panel and manually restart the print spooler service. I used to occasionaly get this error if I tried to send large Corel files to the laser.

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-06-2011, 1:05 PM
We have been shutting the compter/s down and restarting them, I have switched out computers and still every time I send a job to the laser, I get this same message. I even got this message once when all I did was turn the laser on. Been working on this for all day :(

Scott Challoner
09-06-2011, 4:35 PM
Hmmm. I used to get that message if I was trying to make 3D images with too many contours. I don't know if the file was too big or what, but I haven't had the problem in a long time. Is it happening with the same file even on a different computer?

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-06-2011, 4:53 PM
Same file or different file, same computer or different computer. We are going to install a parallel port and see if it works then, but it will tomorrow before we get it . . . so for today we are down.

Rodne Gold
09-06-2011, 4:56 PM
have a look at this , it might help
http://gopaultech.com/blog/2006/03/print-spooler-subsystem-app-error/

James & Zelma Litzmann
09-06-2011, 5:18 PM
That did not help either . . . but thanks for trying.

Scott Challoner
09-06-2011, 6:02 PM
Good luck. Another last ditch effort may be to uninstall/reinstall the print driver.

Richard Rumancik
09-07-2011, 11:47 AM
What interface are you using now? Is it USB? Did you try changing the cable? If two computers refuse to talk then the problem is likely beyond the computer itself. The parallel port option is probably a good strategy if you have exhausted everything else. If you are networked remove as much hardware as possible and plug as direct as possible.

Philip Richardson
09-07-2011, 7:40 PM
The other thing to check (depending on the machine you have) is there enough memory left on the laser to accept the job.

Regards

Phil

Richard Rumancik
09-07-2011, 10:47 PM
James/Zelma - have you tried Google search on "Spooler subsystem App has encountered a problem"? Rodne found one site; you said that did not help. But generally this error would indicate something within the PC itself. I was thinking downstream becuase you said you tried a second PC. But it's possible that the file you were trying to send messed up the second PC as well, so I suppose the failure of the second PC to communicate does not prove the fault is downstream.

I had a file recently that gave me a Spooler error (I can't say for sure if the error message was the same as yours). In my case it was caused by a bad CorelDraw file. I was creating a quick file to run a sample for a customer; pulled in a logo on file, resampled for size, set up for output. But I got a Spooler error. Tried a second PC with same file and also got a spooler error. In the end I determined that the file itself was bad and was causing the spooler to get confused. Your problem seems more severe but I'm wondering if the file you were trying to send was causing the spooler to crash.