PDA

View Full Version : I (no longer) have a garage full of woodworking machinery _MAJOR GLOAT

Frank Pellow
02-23-2005, 1:13 PM
(on March 6th I changed the title of this thread in order to insert the words: no longer).

This morning, Steve from Welbeck Sawmill delivered the following machinery:

General 650-T50 Table Saw (with HTC stand)
Delta X5 DJ20 8" Jointer
Delta X5 15" Planer
Delta X5 16.5" Variable Speed Drill Press
Excalibur-30 Scroll Saw (with stand)

Right now the stuff is in my garage. I will move the smaller packages to my shop today, then next week I will have some friends over for a major move and install party. Anyone care to attend?

Two photos are attached.

John Weber
02-23-2005, 1:16 PM
Wow, that is a gloat! Excellent choices.

John

Lars Thomas
02-23-2005, 1:16 PM
Frank, after all the hard work you put into building your shop, you deserve it. This haul gets my vote for gloat of the year. Good luck with it. Lars

Rob Russell
02-23-2005, 1:33 PM
Frank,

Knowing the way you blow through things - I'm surprised the install party isn't tomorrow!

Rob

John Miliunas
02-23-2005, 1:33 PM
Yup. Big time gloat! Congrats! Hey, I bet I know which crate the DJ20 is in!:D :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-23-2005, 1:36 PM
Wow now that is a gloat of gloats! You will have one heck of a moving in party! Congrats :)

Jim Becker
02-23-2005, 1:49 PM
Congratulations, Frank! You're gonna be rockin' and rollin' in that new shop real soon now!!

Bruce Page
02-23-2005, 2:40 PM
Just one word does this gloat justice.

WOW!

Very nice!

Karl Laustrup
02-23-2005, 2:50 PM
Frank, that is one SWEEEEEEEET haul. :D :cool:

Looks like you'll be busy for the next couple of weeks, errr days.:D

Don't forget those pics of the install and the final with all the ductwork hooked up.

Now get those tools hooked up and start making some sawdust.

Mike Vermeil
02-23-2005, 2:56 PM
Frank,

Just curious, with all the other Delta equipment what made you choose the General table saw?

Frank Pellow
02-23-2005, 3:03 PM
Frank,

Just curious, with all the other Delta equipment what made you choose the General table saw?2 things.

(1) I have used both a General 350 and a Delta Unisaw and the General appears to me to be somewhat better made.

(2) The General is made in Canada.

Mark Singer
02-23-2005, 3:05 PM
Frank,

You selected some great stuff! Enjoy it!

Mike Vermeil
02-23-2005, 3:13 PM
2 things.

(1) I have used both a General 350 and a Delta Unisaw and the General appears to me to be somewhat better made.

(2) The General is made in Canada.

So can you balance a Molson on top with it running?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Bryan Nuss
02-23-2005, 3:39 PM
Really GREAT haul, Frank. Next time I'm in Toronto I may come over and visit you. I promise not to drool on the tools! :p

Mike Wilkins
02-23-2005, 4:03 PM
How many time do Canadians celebrate Christmas??? That is some kind of major gloat there. You will feel like a kid in a candy store when you start to
open some of those boxes. Or a kid on Christmas morning.
Wished I lived closer. I love to help other folks open their gifts.

Steve Clardy
02-23-2005, 4:33 PM
Super haul there Frank. Looks like you cleared out someones tool inventory.
So you got a left tilt saw??

Norman Hitt
02-23-2005, 4:36 PM
Hey Frank, Nice tools, and that should be a Real Fun Moving/Set up Party, and I think in addition to taking the normal Still Pics, you should get a Video Cam or two and set them up, "high" (like the NYW, to run continuously) to record the whole day's activities, covering the whole shop, and record the Whole Event for Posterity. It will provide good entertainment and reminiscing for years to come with friends, fellow woodworkers, AND for yourself. You would need to have some "One Person" in charge of the cameras to keep them loaded and rolling so you don't miss anything as you and the others are concentrating on assembly & setup. You might want to sell copies of this in addition to your book, (if you decide to do it later).

Just my thoughts, and again, congratulations.

Jerry Olexa
02-23-2005, 5:26 PM
If you have any trouble storing those, I'll be happy to let you keep them in my shop for a few months esp if you set them up for a few test runs,:D GreaT GLOAT!! looks good. Enjoy!

Ted Shrader
02-23-2005, 5:46 PM
Frank -

Very cool! Congratulations. Good luck with the move to the shop. Pictures after it is all set up?

Ted

Jim Barrett
02-23-2005, 5:46 PM
Hey Frank,

Nice tools...especially the General TS...my 350 is great...curious how you like the Delta 15" planer. I have the 15"from General Intl and have been unimpressed...
Jim

Tim Morton
02-23-2005, 5:53 PM
I bet by weeks end we will see pictures and reviews of all tools...installed and calibrated!!! :D

Congratulations!!!!

John Hulett
02-23-2005, 6:05 PM
I think in addition to taking the normal Still Pics, you should get a Video Cam or two and set them up, "high" (like the NYW, to run continuously) to record the whole day's activities, covering the whole shop...
I say you should take that a step further and have a live web-cam Internet broadcast - that way Creekers can peek in all weekend!:) :D

Nice haul Frank.:cool: Now if only I can pick some winning lottery numbers, I might be able to have a couple of nice tools too!:rolleyes:

Karl Laustrup
02-23-2005, 6:33 PM
I bet by weeks end we will see pictures and reviews of all tools...installed and calibrated!!! :D

Congratulations!!!!I don't think your going to get any takers on that bet, Tim. ;) :D

Frank Pellow
02-23-2005, 9:00 PM
Really GREAT haul, Frank. Next time I'm in Toronto I may come over and visit you. I promise not to drool on the tools! :p
That would be great Bryan, please do. If I am ever out your way, I promise not to drool over your Mechano boxes.

Frank Pellow
02-23-2005, 9:04 PM
Super haul there Frank. Looks like you cleared out someones tool inventory.
So you got a left tilt saw??
Yes, in spite of the fact that I am used to a right tilt, I purchased a left tilt. The main reson for that I settled upon the left tilt version of the saw is that the position of the dust port on the left tilt saw suits my layout better.

Dave Sharbaugh
02-23-2005, 9:06 PM
Great stuff, Frank! Way to gloat!

I love my 650 (with HTC base). Barely got it rolled into the garage before I started cutting trim for my new windows.

Enjoy!

Dave

Dan Mages
02-23-2005, 9:32 PM
Very nice load!! Are you going to have to work at Wally World to pay off these new tools?

Dan

Ken Gartin
02-24-2005, 12:26 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/kgartin/frown.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/kgartin/tears.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/kgartin/Cry.gif

You're a cruel man.

A cruel cruel man.

BUT CONGRATULATIONS ANYWAY!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/kgartin/dance.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/kgartin/faint2.gif

Thomas Prondzinski
02-24-2005, 7:03 AM
Frank
Congratulations on the new toyls, bet not much sleep in the next few days until its all running,keep us posted on the progress.

Tom

Pete Harbin
02-24-2005, 7:06 AM
Wow! Any haul that will take you a week and a crew of buddies to set up can really be called a GLOAT!

Congrats Frank! I know you've been in "set-up" mode for quite a while now, so I'm sure it's going to feel good to have the big iron ready to run. Of course, technically, I think all woodworkers are in some degree of "set-up mode" at all times. ;)

Pete

Greg Narozniak
02-24-2005, 8:41 AM
Very Nice Haul Frank!!

Congrats

Kelly C. Hanna
02-24-2005, 9:18 AM
You sure have a good haul there my friend!! I defintely think it qualifies for gloat of the year!

Good choices on all of them, too....can't wait to see them in the shop!!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Congrats Frank! You've set the bar for a gloat so high.........It'll be the standard for a while!

Frank Pellow
02-24-2005, 1:57 PM
We are going to move the machines to the shop and set them up on Thursday the 3rd of March. Hope to post some pictures that evening.

I meant what I said, if any SMC members care to join the "party".

Bill Esposito
02-24-2005, 8:51 PM
I bet your glad Festool doesn't sell a table saw, think of all that dayglow green :)

John Scarpa
02-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Frank,
I'm sure you are having fun right now setting up. The installation of these machines should make your shop offical shouldn't it? :) By the way I think you made some great selections.
John

John Bailey
02-25-2005, 6:18 AM
Whew!!

What a gloat. Green with General envy here.

John

Karl Laustrup
02-25-2005, 6:35 AM
While I know you have to round up help, it would be driving me crazy having to look at all that iron just sitting there in boxes.:eek:

Hopefully you'll have enough help so you can take pics of the progress. :D

Frank Pellow
02-25-2005, 7:19 AM
Thanks for the feedback everybody. I really do feel happy and excited about all my new toys. And, I am a little scared that I will now have to prove that I deserve them.

I jumped the gun on the set-up party and installed my Excalibur scroll saw yesterday. Incidently, the saw is made in a plant located about 15 miles from my house.

A couple of photos are attached:

(1) The saw

(2) A blade holder (temporarily attached to the saw with duct tape). I got the tip for this holder from a special issue of Wood magazine entitled "Best-ever Workshop Tis, Jigs, and Oraganizers".

Ken Gartin
02-25-2005, 8:13 AM
What do those Scroll Saws go for?

Jason Tuinstra
02-25-2005, 9:17 AM
Frank, congrats on the new tools! You've got some very fine pieces there that should serve you well. Have fun and be sure to satisfy the pic police as soon as you get everything set up - not to suggest that you wouldn't ;)

Frank Pellow
02-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Frank, congrats on the new tools! You've got some very fine pieces there that should serve you well. Have fun and be sure to satisfy the pic police as soon as you get everything set up - not to suggest that you wouldn't ;)
Thanks Jason. And, I wish you a trouble-free move.

Frank Pellow
02-25-2005, 2:44 PM
What do those Scroll Saws go for?
Here is a reference to a place on the web in the USA that is selling the saw for $1,095 (US) plus shipping: www.seyco.com

I paid $1,120 (Cdn) including shipping for the saw, stand, and 72 blades. That was part of a package deal that I got on my set of 5 machines and an Oneida dust controller from a local dealer (Welbeck Sawmill). At today's conversion rate, my price works out to $903 US.

Tim Morton
02-25-2005, 2:51 PM
I jumped the gun on the set-up party and installed my Excalibur scroll saw yesterday.

What a shocker!!!! :D :D :D

Mike Holbrook
02-25-2005, 2:51 PM
I think someone worked a quantity discount somewhere. We need a big picture of all of it together that we can print and put prices on. We can then hang them up in our shops in case wives show up wanting to know what was in that last UPS box :)

Nice haul, enjoy, enjoy....!

Pete Rosenbohm
02-25-2005, 7:20 PM
Frank you musta hit the LOTTO my friend, for some reason i thought the General was Tawain made or is the 650 made in Canada.I know in an earlier post someone had a new General and said it was made in Tawain I think it was the fellow that his fence was not square to the table?:confused:

Frank Pellow
02-25-2005, 7:25 PM
Frank you musta hit the LOTTO my friend, for some reason i thought the General was Tawain made or is the 650 made in Canada.I know in an earlier post someone had a new General and said it was made in Tawain I think it was the fellow that his fence was not square to the table?:confused:
No I did not win the lottery. But, I did figure the cost of building and populating a workshop into my retirement plans when I retired just a little less than 2 years ago.

Equipment with the General label on it is made in Canada. And, that includes the 650 table saw which is made in Drumondville Quebec.

Equipment with the General International label on it is made in Tawain.

Ken Gartin
02-25-2005, 9:40 PM
No I did not win the lottery. But, I did figure the cost of building and populating a workshop into my retirement plans when I retired just a little less than 2 years ago.
You are living my dream! I can think of nothing better when I retire (YEARS away) than to move up to the NC mountains somewhere (maybe Boone) and setup a small woodshop / country craft store. I drool thinking of that...

Congrats again Frank Pellow! http://member.atlantic.net/~gartink/thumb.gif

lou sansone
02-25-2005, 9:46 PM
congratulations. I am sure that you will have a nice shop when it is all set up. Glad to see that you bought a bunch of very fine tools. best wishes

lou

John Weber
02-25-2005, 9:53 PM
Frank,

Scroll saw looks great, but you gotta ace that duct tape :cool:

John

Jerry Clark
02-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Great stuff-- Frank-- Be sure to lock the doors and don't give out your address! These guys are hungry for tools!

Frank Pellow
02-25-2005, 11:01 PM
You are living my dream! I can think of nothing better when I retire (YEARS away) than to move up to the NC mountains somewhere (maybe Boone) and setup a small woodshop / country craft store. I drool thinking of that...

Congrats again Frank Pellow! http://member.atlantic.net/~gartink/thumb.gif
Well not exactly your dream. A backyard in the city of Toronto is not quite as good as a remote place in the mountains.

By the way Ken, I do have another shop (called The Shed) 600 miles from Toronto on a remote island in Northern Ontario and -that is probably closer to your dream.

Frank Pellow
02-26-2005, 7:54 AM
Frank,
Scroll saw looks great, but you gotta ace that duct tape :cool:
John
No worries mate. The duct tape has already gone and the holder has been screwed to the frame. Picture attached.

Christian Aufreiter
02-28-2005, 4:56 PM
Congrats, Frank!
I can't wait to see the whole setup in your shop.

Regards,

Christian

Frank Pellow
02-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Congrats, Frank!
I can't wait to see the whole setup in your shop.

Regards,

Christian
If you think that you can't wait Christian, how do you think that I feal about waiting? Oh well, it won't be long now. :)

Karl Laustrup
03-01-2005, 6:34 AM
Two more days, Frank.:) :D I know if it was me, I'd start having a hard time sleeping for the next couple of days. Good luck with the move party. :) :D

My goodness that Excalibur is PURPLE, OR GRAPE OR WHATEVER. :eek: :D :D

I don't expect you'll be losing it in the shop even once all those other toys join it, will you? :D

Christian Aufreiter
03-01-2005, 7:03 AM
If you think that you can't wait Christian, how do you think that I feal about waiting? Oh well, it won't be long now. :)

I don't know how you feel but somtimes all I need is to know that a certain tool is in my shop.

Regards,

Christian

Charlie Woods
03-01-2005, 9:20 AM
Holy Cow!!!!! What a haul. You have more patience than I do. I would be devising ways to be able to move that stuff in myself (HMMM, lets see I could use Air Casters, Repulsor lifts, anti-gravity pallets, generate a blackhole to teleport them to the shop, Etc......) Frank I am envious, but very happy for ya. Hope everything goes well with the move in, and keep us posted on placement, set-up and saw dust making.

RichMagnone
03-01-2005, 9:35 AM
I agree - I hauled my Rikon 18" off its pallet and onto its mobile base by myself. It was a PITA. Once I was done, I said to myself "well, that's better" and put the thing right back where it was before I started. In all reality, it made no discernable change to the shop last night, but for some reason, I just had to get that saw on its base.

Frank Pellow
03-01-2005, 10:26 AM
I agree - I hauled my Rikon 18" off its pallet and onto its mobile base by myself. It was a PITA. Once I was done, I said to myself "well, that's better" and put the thing right back where it was before I started. In all reality, it made no discernable change to the shop last night, but for some reason, I just had to get that saw on its base.
Good for you Rick! :)

I might end up having to (somehow) get my jointer and planer onto mobile bases by myself. :( I'm Ok with the General table saw :) because an HTC base was part of the "deal" that I struck and I am OK with the Delta drill press :) because I built my own mobile base for it. But the "free" bases for the Delta X5 jointer and planer have not yet arrived - even though I ordered them from Delta 6 weeks ago. :mad:

Kevin Herber
03-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Nice scroll saw, Frank. What type of stuff do you do with it? Do you have any pics of SS projects?

-- Kevin

John Renzetti
03-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi Frank, I've looked at your pics for the last couple of days, just now getting to posting. Really happy for you. You've got some great equipment there. General in Canada builds some very heavy duty industrial quality machines. That saw will last a long time. How many people are coming over to help with the set-up. Post some pictures of the set up party.
take care,
John

Frank Pellow
03-01-2005, 5:42 PM
… How many people are coming over to help with the set-up. …
take care,
John
It looks like it will be a small party with only 2 or 3 helpers. I don't have many nearby friends who are woodworkers and, of those I do have, most should not lift heavy things. For example, Bert who helped me install the Oneida dust control unit hurt his back in doing so.

Nice scroll saw, Frank. What type of stuff do you do with it? Do you have any pics of SS projects?
 Kevin
I have done very little with scroll saws in the past and, so far, have done very little with this one. For starters, I am learning by following the steps in the "Scroll Saw Workbook" by John Nelson (cover photo attached). I have only done the first 2 of the 25 exercises but both the book and my saw are excellent. But, I am not so sure about me. Eventually I would like to acquire skills in wood burning, carving, and the scroll saw in order to combine all three in interesting signs, plaques, etc.

Mike Holbrook
03-01-2005, 6:29 PM
Getting close Frank! Wish I was there to help with the front end loader.

I hope the instructions with the Maple leaf saw are better than the ones that came with my international saw. Apparently someone copied the Taiwan instructions for installing the Taiwan rails and fence and put them in the US instructions, which use the Canadian rails & fence. Trevor at the international shop offered that explanation.

I drooled all over the General 350 at the Atlanta wood working show, I just did not have the coins to buy it and outfit the rest of my new shop. It is quite a machine I think you will get many years of enjoyment out of it. I am enjoying my contractor saw, now that I have it all set up.

Will you discard the protection equipment and use after-market gear? I am still fritzing around with mine. I ordered a nice zero clearance insert but apparently it had a manufacturing oops because it is too short for the hole. I am playing around with splitters too. I used my saber saw on the stock splitter that came with mine and now have a smaller splitter that attaches with only the front bolt. It worked pretty good on a 1/4" thick piece of hardwood that I ripped 3/8" off of last night. The piece tried the old pinching back together trick but the splitter did its job. I am sure the GRR-Ripper System helped too though.

I am anxious to see what yours looks like all set up.

Frank Pellow
03-01-2005, 6:43 PM
Getting close Frank! Wish I was there to help with the front end loader.

I hope the instructions with the Maple leaf saw are better than the ones that came with my international saw. Apparently someone copied the Taiwan instructions for installing the Taiwan rails and fence and put them in the US instructions, which use the Canadian rails & fence. Trevor at the international shop offered that explanation.

I drooled all over the General 350 at the Atlanta wood working show, I just did not have the coins to buy it and outfit the rest of my new shop. It is quite a machine I think you will get many years of enjoyment out of it. I am enjoying my contractor saw, now that I have it all set up.

Will you discard the protection equipment and use after-market gear? I am still fritzing around with mine. I ordered a nice zero clearance insert but apparently it had a manufacturing oops because it is too short for the hole. I am playing around with splitters too. I used my saber saw on the stock splitter that came with mine and now have a smaller splitter that attaches with only the front bolt. It worked pretty good on a 1/4" thick piece of hardwood that I ripped 3/8" off of last night. The piece tried the old pinching back together trick but the splitter did its job. I am sure the GRR-Ripper System helped too though.

I am anxious to see what yours looks like all set up.
Thanks Mike.

Yes, I plan to discard the protection equipment and use after-market gear. I have already purchased the MicrJig splitter and will install it right away. I also have a GRR-Ripper. No doubt, other safety gear will follow.

Mike Holbrook
03-02-2005, 6:50 PM
I think tomorrow is the day!

Frank Pellow
03-02-2005, 7:09 PM
I think tomorrow is the day!
Thanks for the reminder. Did you thik I might forget? :rolleyes: I still have about 4 hours work to do in the shop this everning in order to clear the decks for tomorrow. I guess that I had better get off the computer and hop to it.

Roy Wall
03-02-2005, 9:26 PM
Frank,

I've been following all this along..............what a nice scroll saw:eek: :) !!! And to think that the rest of the WW equipment is top notch comparable --- that's just awesome!! Well deserved and congrats.....

This weekend will be like heaven........KCWW show and I get to come home and look at your shop!!!:p

Be safe and have fun!

Karl Laustrup
03-03-2005, 6:37 AM
IT'S TODAY! IT'S TODAY!

Frank, I think I might be ALMOST as excited as you today, just thinking about all that new iron. :D :D

Good luck with the move. Looking forward to some pics with all that great machinery in place. :) :D

Frank Pellow
03-03-2005, 7:49 AM
IT'S TODAY! IT'S TODAY!

Frank, I think I might be ALMOST as excited as you today, just thinking about all that new iron. :D :D

Good luck with the move. Looking forward to some pics with all that great machinery in place. :) :D
Thanks Karl. Boy what enthusiasm!

It looks like perfect weather for the move. It has snowed here for most of the last two days but this morning it is sunny and it is just about the right temperature (that is -12 Celcius) so that we can work outside in comfort and at the same time so that the ground will remain frozen.

Well, I had better stop talking about the move -and start doing the move. :D

Tim Morton
03-03-2005, 8:01 AM
Don't forget the camera!!!!

Tim Morton
03-03-2005, 8:27 PM
Its been 12 hours....you must be getting tired, its time to come in out of the cold and maybe pour a little whiskey over some ice to warm your tired bones....can't wait to see the progress :cool:

Frank Pellow
03-03-2005, 9:17 PM
Its been 12 hours....you must be getting tired, its time to come in out of the cold and maybe pour a little whiskey over some ice to warm your tired bones....can't wait to see the progress :cool:
Well Tim, now it's 13 hours later and (I think) that everything has been moved, assembled, levelled, and tried out. :) :) But, I am very tired because, not only did I put in 13 hours of hard work today, but I only got 3 hours sleep last night. :(

So, I am off to bed now and we will see tomorrow if things worked out as well today as I think they did. :confused:

Karl Laustrup
03-03-2005, 9:26 PM
This is for tomorrow morning after you get a well deserved nights rest. :)

It sounds as though the move and setup went well. I truly hope so. Now all the rest of us have to wait for the pictures. ;) :eek: :D :D

Mike Holbrook
03-03-2005, 9:29 PM
Ok, while he's sleeping, now that we know it all even works.... Maybe we can slide a few pieces across that icy ground and give them a good testing :)

Corey Hallagan
03-03-2005, 9:51 PM
Wow, now that is a great bunch of new tools! Enjoy them Frank, can't wait to see pics of the shop all loaded with those new tools!

Corey

Frank Pellow
03-04-2005, 8:59 AM
Well that was a great sleep -about 11 hours.

Now I am off the the shop to see if things still look good this morning. If they do, I will start hooking everying up to the dust control system.

But, before I go I will post one picture of the move.

Kelly C. Hanna
03-04-2005, 9:26 AM
That looks heavy! I know my Grizz was...took three of us to move it out of the truck. You're about to have a ton of fun! Enjoy it!

Frank Pellow
03-04-2005, 9:49 AM
That looks heavy! I know my Grizz was...took three of us to move it out of the truck. You're about to have a ton of fun! Enjoy it!
Yes it was heavy (as were both the jointer and planer). Before I have a ton of fun (or perhaps even a tonne of fun ;) ), I have a ton of work to do. For example here is a photo of the packaging that I need to dispose of.

Peter Gavin
03-04-2005, 9:52 AM
You are teasing us.

Peter

Kelly C. Hanna
03-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Looks like fun to me!!

Tim Morton
03-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Maybe we all underestimated Frank's ability to move for 13 hours AND take pictures AND then hang out here posting them instead of actually being in the shop with his "babies"...I think we should have all pitched in and hired a photographer to document the day for us. :D :D

This would never had been overlooked had tyler not been out on the high sea's!!! If I dobn't wake up tomorrow to pictures of something other than crates and cardboard I will be in a funk all day!!! :D :D

David Dixson
03-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Dang Frank,

I just upgraded to a cabinet saw and a 15" planer from a Ryobi BT3000 and no planer. I was about to gloat, but not sure I can now.

That is one impressive haul.

Dave

Michael Gabbay
03-04-2005, 1:31 PM
Frank - Please stop! I'm begging you please stop!!!! :eek: All these empty boxes! You must have had one heck of a tool orgy!!!!

So whens the full tour?

Frank Pellow
03-05-2005, 7:09 AM
So whens the full tour?
I want to organize a full shop tour document and post it to the same web site that John Miliunas recently utilized, but that probably at least a couple of weeks away (maybe even a couple of months).

In the meantime. I will post a set of pictures of all my new machines in their current positions sometime between now and Sunday night.

Karl Laustrup
03-05-2005, 7:13 AM
Frank, I for one am awaiting the reveal of all that iron. :) :) :D :D

I would have been tempted to spend that first night sleeping in the shop. :eek: :D

You didn't, did you? :eek: :)

Frank Pellow
03-05-2005, 7:23 AM
Frank, I for one am awaiting the reveal of all that iron. :) :) :D :D

I would have been tempted to spend that first night sleeping in the shop. :eek: :D

You didn't, did you? :eek: :)
Karl, all good things come to those who wait. :D I assume that you saw the thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=17567 that depicts all my saws.

I did not sleep in the shop the first night, but I was getting very tired towards the end of the day and easily could have slept anywhere.

Kent Cori
03-06-2005, 7:19 PM
Jeez Frank, that kind of puts the gloat I was going to post on my new screw driver to shame. ;)

You win the Uber Gloat of the Month award. Have fun with your new toys. :cool:

Frank Pellow
03-06-2005, 7:38 PM
Jeez Frank, that kind of puts the gloat I was going to post on my new screw driver to shame. ;)

You win the Uber Gloat of the Month award. Have fun with your new toys. :cool:
Thanks Kent. I hope that you enjoy your new screw driver too. :D

Frank Pellow
03-06-2005, 7:47 PM
See the thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=17642

Before leaving this thread however, I will post some more photos of the move.

(1) Part of the path that the machines had to traverse

(2) Ramp from inside the shop

(3) Fernando and Emrys ready to shift the planer to its base (actually I helped too -the thing is heavy)

(4) The table saw (the last thing we moved) is in the shop

Christian Aufreiter
03-07-2005, 8:03 AM
Pretty cool, Frank. Your friends moved the stuff while you took pics :D .

Regards,

Christian

Frank Pellow
03-07-2005, 8:27 AM
Pretty cool, Frank. Your friends moved the stuff while you took pics :D .

Regards,

Christian
I'm afraid that it was not quite done that way -for instance look at post #77 in this thread. :D :D