PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request for Fire Victims

Tom Winship
09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
If you will, please remember those in central Texas, affected by the wildfires. I have three good friends who have been gone from their homes since Sunday, and fear what they will find when allowed back into the area. (Two of the families own the mill where I buy my mesquite lumber).

I have lived in Texas all my life, but always thought this only happened somewhere else.

Thanks for your prayers.

ray hampton
09-06-2011, 2:22 PM
I never seen a big wildfire but I do understand how the homeowners feel when their homes are destroy by fire and fires can happen in most states

Louis Brandt
09-06-2011, 2:55 PM
Prayers sent.

Thomas Canfield
09-06-2011, 10:13 PM
The fires are really bad news when you can relate to some of those affected. We got news that one of my wife's college sority sisters daughter's house was 100% loss while her husband was serving as a volunteer fireman fighting other fires in the Bastrop area. Here in Tyler there was major smoke in the city from some fires in the surrounding area, but thankfully nothing like down in the Austin area. Prayers are needed for most of Texas with all the drought, dry timbers/grasses, and wind. Any small fire becomes a major problem fast.

Brian Kent
09-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Tom, they are in my prayers as well.

I moved to a church in San Diego and recently asked how many had been evacuated in the 2007 fires. Over half raised their hands. They can still feel the trauma of those days.

Brian

Belinda Barfield
09-07-2011, 7:22 AM
I have lived in Texas all my life, but always thought this only happened somewhere else.

Thanks for your prayers.

Been praying for Texas and Georgia. I'm one in a prayer chain praying for rain with a name.

I think this year we are seeing a lot of "I always thought this only happened somewhere else." Those in the northeast got a sampling of what it is like to live through hurricane season in the south. They also got a sampling of what it is like to look out for a tornado.

I never seen a big wildfire but I do understand how the homeowners feel when their homes are destroy by fire and fires can happen in most states

Ray, I hope you never get to experience a big wildfire. It's beautiful and devastating all at the same time.

Don Orr
09-09-2011, 3:45 PM
Tough times down there for sure. Wish we could send some of our flood waters down to help. I'll keep a good thought for all of you.

ray hampton
09-09-2011, 4:09 PM
Been praying for Texas and Georgia. I'm one in a prayer chain praying for rain with a name.

I think this year we are seeing a lot of "I always thought this only happened somewhere else." Those in the northeast got a sampling of what it is like to live through hurricane season in the south. They also got a sampling of what it is like to look out for a tornado.

Ray, I hope you never get to experience a big wildfire. It's beautiful and devastating all at the same time.
There is more than ONE WAY to experience a wildfire
STANDING OUTSIDE and looking in is not the best way all of the time,I would rather be fighting the fires instead of standing-by and weeping for the victims

Sam Layton
09-09-2011, 7:59 PM
Prayers sent.

Sam