PDA

View Full Version : SENNA - Excellent movie

Kent A Bathurst
09-05-2011, 2:29 PM
Just saw the film SENNA. It is about - yes - F1 driver Ayrton Senna. It is a documentary, using an amazing amount of film that was available from his career and family life.

Even if you are not a fan of auto racing in general, or F1 in particular, you will find this film very interesting. Even if you really don't know anything about auto racing, or don't even care about auto racing, you will find this film very interesting.

It is about people, relationships, motivation, emotions, national pride, confrontation, politics [writ small - politics in organizations, not government],competitiveness between people - and just happens to cover those topics in the world of Formula One racing, and in the person of one of the most formidable drivers in history. And - those topics are covered with a broad brush, and also with acute detail in Senna's battles with his nemesis and, at one time, teammate, Alain Prost.

In theaters now.........:D

Neal Clayton
09-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Hadn't heard about this but I'll see it. I don't really follow F1 religiously but some friends from the UK (and top gear) turned me on to it a bit. Plan to go to the race in Austin next year.

Joe Angrisani
09-06-2011, 8:58 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Kent. I love Formula One. As a mechanic at heart, the numbers amaze me. Even with the detuned motors of a couple years back, they're still doing, what, 18,000 rpm? 700 horsepower from 2.4 liters with no turbos or superchargers. Cornering forces approaching 3.5Gs. And they use full brakes and the whole gearbox ON EACH LAP. None of that boring NASCAR crap going round and round like a kiddie toy. Racecars should have to turn left and right on each lap. 50mph to 200mph on each lap. And a limited number of motors(5?) and gearboxes(3?) must last the whole season. These are REAL cars on REAL roads. Love it!!!

Norberto Coutinho
09-06-2011, 9:41 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Kent. I love Formula One. As a mechanic at heart, the numbers amaze me. Even with the detuned motors of a couple years back, they're still doing, what, 18,000 rpm? 700 horsepower from 2.4 liters with no turbos or superchargers. Cornering forces approaching 3.5Gs. And they use full brakes and the whole gearbox ON EACH LAP. None of that boring NASCAR crap going round and round like a kiddie toy. Racecars should have to turn left and right on each lap. 50mph to 200mph on each lap. And a limited number of motors(5?) and gearboxes(3?) must last the whole season. These are REAL cars on REAL roads. Love it!!!
For us, brazilian people, this theme is the best
http://www.kboing.com.br/theme/2-100472/