PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop brake cartidge help, please

Cliff Polubinsky
09-04-2011, 6:42 PM
Had a trip from a miter bar contact. Replaced the cartridge and blade but the diagnostics still say to replace the cartridge. The thing seems to seat properly and I've removed and reseated it numerous times but I'm still getting a solid red light. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong, or do I need to quit for the weekend until I can call Sawstop after the holiday?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cliff

Dan Lee
09-04-2011, 6:57 PM
Check the gap between the blade and catridge. Your replacement blade is probably a slightly different diameter than the previous.

Cliff Polubinsky
09-04-2011, 7:49 PM
Yes. Checked and adjusted the gap between the blade and cartridge.

Cliff

johnny means
09-04-2011, 7:55 PM
A flashing red light indicates the cartidge key is not in the On position. Also, I often find "restarting" the system gets things going again (turn off main power).

johnny means
09-04-2011, 7:57 PM
Sorry thought I read flashing

johnny means
09-04-2011, 7:58 PM
Just a thought, did you reset the arbor?

bill bruno
09-04-2011, 8:22 PM
Hi Cliff,

When you insert the cartridge there is a red key that's inserted and pushed down to lock the cartridge. If the key is not locked down tight you will get the flashing red light. Try snugging it down and turn the machine completely off. Turn back on and you should be OK.

bill

Cliff Polubinsky
09-04-2011, 8:44 PM
Bill & Johnny,

I'm getting a solid red light. No flashing. And I lowered the blade all the way to the bottom to reset the arbor as mentioned in the manual.

Cliff

Cliff Polubinsky
09-05-2011, 8:14 AM
Well, it's not the cartridge. It finally dawned on me that I have a dado cartridge as well (duh) and I tried that one with the same result - solid red light.

I'll call support tomorrow and see what can be done.

Thanks for the advice, all.

Cliff

Prashun Patel
09-05-2011, 9:11 AM
I had this problem when I installed my new cartridge.
I had to lower my blade all the way down and re-cycle the power. Then it worked.

Cliff Polubinsky
09-05-2011, 12:03 PM
It's alive again.

Someone suggested there may be metal particles from the gauge on the arbor. Checked all around the arbor for any particles and didn't see any but wiped things down just in case. Hit the switch and I have blinking lights followed by a solid green.

So the day won't be a total loss.

Cliff