PDA

View Full Version : Corner Blocks using Crown Molding

Mike OMelia
09-04-2011, 1:00 PM
I need to construct some inside and outside corner blocks. I tried sarching the site, but I guess I do not know how to get the most out of the search engine. Specifically, what angles? These are the same type of blocks you see at Lowes/HD, etc. IT seems to me they are are a compound 45/45, but I am unsure. Yes, I could sample cut, but te stock is expensive.

Mike

johnny means
09-04-2011, 3:07 PM
The easiest way for the inexperienced to make these cuts is doing simple miter cuts with the saw at 45°. It has to done with the crown upside down. Imagine the table of your miter saw is the ceiling and the saws fence is the wall. I like to set up an outer fence on the saw to help hold my crown at the correct spring angle while making the cut. (Spring is the angle at which the moulding is designed to protrude from the wall). My outer fence is usually just a strip of wood clamped to he table parallel to the fence. It does need to be wide enough so that your saw won't cut it in half.

Mike OMelia
09-04-2011, 3:15 PM
My saw and molding combination makes it so I cannot cut through that way. I just need the angle sets for the table and the blade. I am close, but still off.