PDA

View Full Version : Apple Thief

Joe Pelonio
09-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Caught them yesterday at my Mom's. Two nice buck deer.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Joe.....I know black bear hunters that frequent apple orchards too.

Dave Anderson NH
09-04-2011, 4:39 PM
You're making me laugh Ken. My brother in law has been a deer huinter since he was a kid. In the last few years before he retired he had problems getting time off because of job responsibilities and had very limited hunting time. They live in a small town about 20 miles east of Rochester NY and have the smallest lot in the area, 11 acres. Most of the rest of the area is 200 acre+ farms. He and my sister have about a dozen cherry trees, some pear trees, and about 25 feet of grape arbor. He'll often sit on his back deck with his rifled slug shotgun and wait. He always gets his 2 deer. I often kid him about laziness and jokingly suggest the only thing he is missing is a salt lick. On the other hand, I'm always happy to bring home a few pounds of venison when we visit.

Joe Pelonio
09-04-2011, 7:05 PM
Actually, in this area it's legal to hunt on private property (but not season yet) unless it's posted clearly.

That particular shot would have not been very sportsmanlike, though.

Myk Rian
09-04-2011, 7:55 PM
That particular shot would have not been very sportsmanlike, though.
But a bow hunter, sitting in a tree, wearing camo is?

Bill Cunningham
09-04-2011, 9:26 PM
Ahhh Yes!!! We (my son-in-law and I), fall planted our deer food plot amongst a number of apple trees this year.. Deer Seasoning, my favorite time of year.. :D