PDA

View Full Version : Bosch colt router

Jay Jolliffe
09-03-2011, 7:36 PM
How many of you found the router not holding up to when first bought. I bought two when they came out. So far the fine adjustment is non existent on both & on one the red button that you push to lock the shaft to change the bit doesn't work anymore. They weren't really used that much. Now the new one in the stable is the Dewalt 616Pk. Works great so far but time will tell. I really like the plunge base.

Jamie Buxton
09-03-2011, 9:00 PM
The fine adjustment works on mine. You have to rotate the router body far enough in the base to engage it.

The shaft lock is famous for breaking on early units. For a while, Bosch was even giving away wrenches for the shaft, but that practice has gone away as they improved the units. I have an early one, and just use two wrenches to tighten the collect -- not an issue.

Craig McCormick
09-04-2011, 8:57 AM
I've had mine for a few years now with no problems.

AZCRAIG

Kevin Womer
09-04-2011, 9:19 AM
I have had mine for a couple of years with no problems, use it to soften edges mostly, when I want to take more off I take a couple of passes-it's not designed to hog off a lot of material.
Kevin

John Coloccia
09-04-2011, 9:44 AM
The "fine adjustment" on mine never worked all that well to begin with. As soon as I get around to it I will replace it with the Dewalt, which is a far better tool in every way. The Colt is good for what it was and filled the void left by the Porter Cable 310, but there's much better out there now and I agree with the OP 100% that mine just isn't holding up to light use.

Jay Allen
09-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I have three Colts and have never had an issues out of any of them. Actually the only laminate trimmer I have ever had a real problem with was the older Dewalt DW670. The "button" that locks the shaft to tighten/loosen the collet nut would slip. It is just a simple sheet metal stamping that would stretch and allow it to spin. As far as I can tell the newer version has the same mechansim.