PDA

View Full Version : Added a lot to the shop this week!

Steven Wayne
09-03-2011, 4:43 PM
I have been putting almost all of my time and every penny I can spare into my shop. Tools, machines, storage, organization, raw materials, you name it! Things are coming together nicely. I am hoping to transition into doing custom car upholstery and car audio work for a living. I have a lot of experience in the work and am ready to do what I love for a living. Anyway.. I bought some woodworking tools to allow me to work with sheet goods for the upholstery and car audio work. I also really enjoy wood working. I realized if I was going to work with anything other than sheet goods, I want the ability to mill lumber myself. I noticed some really good deals on CL this week. This is what I picked up, all used and for good prices.

First a Festool TS55 with MFT and a Festool hose to use with my vac until I have the spare cash for a Festool unit. All of it was in basically new condition. A second blade was in the systainer as well.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZMb0Yih0vus/TmKPeyxDc2I/AAAAAAAAGEY/6ZqIv6DGaRE/s800/IMG_4641.jpg

I really like the Festool stuff. I'd like to pick up a router, jigsaw and sander down the line. The main reason I bought this setup is for breaking down sheet goods. I'm sure I'll find lots of uses for it.

I bought this yesterday. Turns out the owner was a friend of a friend. The jointer saw very little use and has the original blades in it still.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Spv3_mMPusY/TmHGKiDLp2I/AAAAAAAAGDw/g6dgKrXNK6I/s800/IMG_4661.jpg

I picked this up this morning. It came with a new set of knives and a magnetic knife setting jig.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OTQ5iAv55ig/TmKPU0mGLdI/AAAAAAAAGEU/91sl2zwhthU/s800/IMG_4677.jpg

I bought all of the above from the original owners. All were used very lightly and are in extremely good condition. This isn't really a gloat per se, but I have less than 1500 in all of the above. I have a lot to do to my dust collection before I will be able to put the planer and jointer into service. And, I need some hardwood.

So.. I thought I'd share with some like minded folk who can appreciate my excitement.

johnny means
09-03-2011, 4:51 PM
Let me be the first to say "You suck!".Nice catch.

Steven Wayne
09-03-2011, 4:55 PM
Thanks! It was a LOT of work chasing down the two Delta machines. I have 8 hours in drive time. The deals were well worth the effort. The rolling bases and spare blades are half of what I paid for each machine. I'm already drooling over the Byrd heads.

Carroll Courtney
09-03-2011, 5:36 PM
If your happy,we're happy!Congrads on your recent finds and good luck with your business.Thanks for sharing what makes us all happy(good deals)----Carroll

Clint Olver
09-03-2011, 7:00 PM
Very nice machines, especially to start out with. Congrats! Definitely gloat worthy.

C

Bruce Page
09-03-2011, 7:06 PM
All that for less than $1500!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Steven Wayne
09-03-2011, 7:08 PM
All that for less than $1500!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Yep! Not a lot less.

Paul McGaha
09-03-2011, 7:56 PM
Steven,

Nice tools at great prices.