PDA

View Full Version : Abranet sandpaper

Erik Stol
09-03-2011, 2:01 PM
Hello,

This week I received my order from Trend from my supplier. Included in the box was a little piece of sandpaper, or should I say a mesh piece of sanding stuff, called Abranet. It is completely transparent, so it should get rid of the dust quit easy. Any of you got experience with this material.

See also http://194.215.105.249/en/Abrasives/By-Name/?productgroup=&product=ABRANET___540

J.R. Rutter
09-03-2011, 2:11 PM
I use 180 grit Mirka abranet disks with my random orbital sander. I like them.

Shawn Pixley
09-03-2011, 2:39 PM
I like them for the finer grits.

Erik Stol
09-03-2011, 3:15 PM
So you are familiar with the brand. For me this is new. Do you have good results while sanding with dust collection. Does is collect the dust as good as Mirka says?

What are you paying for the discs?

David Hawxhurst
09-03-2011, 3:29 PM
it works well with dust collection. very little to no dust when using it with dust collection on my ro sander.

David Kumm
09-03-2011, 5:06 PM
I like abranet the best when sanding larger pieces. Anything that bangs the edges of the sander tends to tear the mesh quite easily. Dave

J.R. Rutter
09-03-2011, 11:26 PM
I like abranet the best when sanding larger pieces. Anything that bangs the edges of the sander tends to tear the mesh quite easily. Dave

Agreed - It is best for flat sanding. Dust collection is good. I use 3M discs for profiles - they are quite flexible.

George Gyulatyan
09-04-2011, 3:33 AM
I like abranet the best when sanding larger pieces. Anything that bangs the edges of the sander tends to tear the mesh quite easily. DaveAnother Mirka product, Abralon is great for that stuff. It's padded so doesn't tear up like normal sandpaper or Abranet. Does OK with dust collection although can get clogged so I usually take them off the ROS and vacuum them from time to time.. The finer grits (they go up to I think 4000 grit) are great for final finishing but I usually take them off the ROS and vacuum them from time to time.

Mikail Khan
09-05-2011, 9:53 AM
Works well. Lasts longer than regular sandpaper. There is an interface pad for sanding contoured surfaces.

MK