PDA

View Full Version : fein compatible blade

joe zarnitz
09-03-2011, 11:30 AM
to be used for cutting laminate flooring

Ben Abate
09-05-2011, 8:22 AM
I've heard that this company has great blades at a very resonable price. I've not purchased any at this time but as mentioned they have gotten good reviews from guys that use the multi tool a lot.

http://imperialblades.com/

Brian Gumpper
09-05-2011, 10:07 AM
The Bi-Metal blade would probably be the best. I burned up some blades with laminate but they were the regular carbon steel ones. One thing I learned quick with these tools is you need to keep working the blade, don't leave it stationary and keep pushing. Heat builds up quick and laminate is tough, will dull them quick.

Tom Walz
09-06-2011, 11:12 AM
We sell the Imperial Blades.

Better quality, much longer life. lower prices and Made in America.

Tom Walz
Carbide Processors

Michael Weber
09-06-2011, 4:01 PM
Tom, I've tried several different blades on my rock plaster and it quickly turns them into scrapers. Thinking about using my grout blade but don't want to ruin it too. Plus it's awfully wide and is going to generate a ton of dust. Any other suggestions?

Ben Abate
09-06-2011, 5:14 PM
Tom,
Have to ask what company do you work for and what's the website?

thanks

Victor Robinson
09-06-2011, 8:46 PM
I will echo Michael's question regarding best blade for plaster. I've got a bunch of reno to do in our plaster-walled home, including trying to slice off some plaster molding while saving the rest of the wall.

Jerome Hanby
09-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Glad to know you sell them. I've been looking at the blades and I'd love to order from you!

We sell the Imperial Blades.

Better quality, much longer life. lower prices and Made in America.

Tom Walz
Carbide Processors

Tom Walz
09-07-2011, 2:35 PM
Imperial Blades recommends Carbide or Diamond blades.

That is the 640 (carbide) or 730 (diamond)

If you want to try one of the blades send me a PM with your shipping address and phone number and I'll send you one of each free as a sample. This offer is limited to those above this post, please.

I don't believe I can post a link to my website in this forum. If you search for my company name it should come up.

Tom Walz
Carbide Processors

Bob Falk
09-07-2011, 6:37 PM
I have tried several of the cheaper blades that will fit the Fein multimaster and have concluded that the Fein blades, while expensive, are vastly superior to anything I have found. They last many times longer, cut straighter, and are less frustrating. I have not tried the Imperial blades, however. I wish Fein would come out with a better selection of metal cutting blades (they do make a wood & metal blade).

jim mills
09-07-2011, 6:44 PM
I've done countless outlet cutouts in plaster walls. I use a 5" diamond blade on my metabo angle grinder on a slow seting and a vacuum attachment. Once through the plaster, I carefully finish the corners with a drywall keyhole saw. Usually get about a dozen holes cut, then the saw is toast. GO SLOW!

Jerome Hanby
09-08-2011, 3:23 PM
Tom, pm sent

Tom Walz
09-09-2011, 11:55 AM
sorry guys,

I forgot to mention that we need to know what kind of machine you have. Imperial Universal blades fit about 90% but we like to be sure.

If you call leslie at 800 346-8274 she will see you get your blades. She is new but bright and nice.

Tom

Jerome Hanby
09-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Got a call from her this morning to get this information. You are right, very bright and definitely nice. You should be proud of her!

sorry guys,

I forgot to mention that we need to know what kind of machine you have. Imperial Universal blades fit about 90% but we like to be sure.

If you call leslie at 800 346-8274 she will see you get your blades. She is new but bright and nice.

Tom

Victor Robinson
09-09-2011, 2:09 PM
Thanks for the offer Tom! Just wanted to see whether it applied to me before I call and bug you guys. :)

Michael Weber
09-09-2011, 4:09 PM
Victor, you were 'one of the above posters' so it surely applies. Just PM Tom with your address and what kind of saw you have.

Tom Walz
09-12-2011, 11:51 AM
And she thinks you are adorable. You are very polite and sound like Jimmy Stewart.

She is a mature lady of 23 with a bachelor's and a master's degree in writing. She moved out here (Tacoma, Washington) a month ago for the mountains, ocean, sound, lakes, and mild winters.

Now you've made me feel good. I'll give away 4 more sets of 1 carbide and 1 diamond blade from Imperial to the next four people that post here then call Leslie at 800 346-8274.

Tom

Bob Winkler
09-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Count me in Tom

Stan Krupowies
09-12-2011, 12:53 PM
I'll go for that offer too Tom
Thanks
Stan