PDA

View Full Version : Tractor Box *pic*

Terry Quiram
02-16-2003, 7:31 PM
This is a gift I made on behalf of the group I work with for our departing boss. (Promotion, moving on) We have spent the last 4 years developing the most sofisticated agriculture tractor in the world. Our group is responsible for the entire drive train. Our boss is the man we all want to work for. Not afraid to stand front of bullets ment for one of us. Lets us do what we know is the right thing to do and tell him later. I will miss him leadership and friendship.

The box is Cherry with Walnut corners and lid caps with veneer banding next to the corners. Every one of these enhancements were to hide a mistake. The lid is a laser etch of the smallest of the two vehicles. It is a Caterpillar MT700 series Ag Tractor.
Thanks for looking.
Terry

Howard Barlow
02-16-2003, 9:19 PM
Great looking box, Terry. It's a good thing there were some mistakes. The trim really sets it off.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
02-16-2003, 9:31 PM
Terry, The tractor looks really good. That takes som skill to do successfully as you have done it. I am sure the boss will treasure that box the rest of his life. Congratulations.

Bruce Page
02-16-2003, 9:38 PM
Beautiful box Terry. I'm sure your boss will love it.

Garrett Lambert
02-16-2003, 9:46 PM
Terry

The difference between a professional and an amateur is the ability to hide one's mistakes. You obviously qualify as a professional. Next time don't admit anything!

Cheers, Garrett:D

Ted Shrader
02-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Terry -

Great work! Keep the plans in mind for next time - when you try to make it look that good.

BZ!
Ted

Ron Jones near Indy
02-16-2003, 11:11 PM
That is beautiful Terry! Where did you get the laser work done? If I'm not too nosey, would you give the appx. cost of the laser work? Your boss will certainly appreciate this gift. It is a fitting tribute. Good supervisors are hard to find.:)

Joe Suelter
02-17-2003, 1:15 AM
Hey neighbor..kinda...I'm curious too as to where you got the laser work done. Just thinking about a possible future project that is in the "day-dream" stages! Gorgeous box! Take care--Joe Suelter

Terry Quiram
02-17-2003, 7:01 AM
Originally posted by Garrett
Terry

The difference between a professional and an amateur is the ability to hide one's mistakes. You obviously qualify as a professional. Next time don't admit anything!

Cheers, Garrett:D

Morning Garrett

I like to point out the flubs and fixes. I think it helps encourages expermentation and lets others know if you mess it up its not always firewood.

Terry

Terry Quiram
02-17-2003, 7:09 AM
Originally posted by Ron Jones near Indy
That is beautiful Terry! Where did you get the laser work done? If I'm not too nosey, would you give the appx. cost of the laser work? Your boss will certainly appreciate this gift. It is a fitting tribute. Good supervisors are hard to find.:)

Morning Ron

A friend of mine bought the laser over Christmas. He is pretty spendy. A little known fact is that our very own site administrator Keith has a laser and does commercial work. He can quote a job for you. He is doing a job for me now. My opinion is Keith is very reasonable.

Terry

Dave Anderson NH
02-17-2003, 7:52 AM
The laser etch takes a merely nice box and carries it to a completely new level. i'm sure your soon to be ex-boss will love it and remember yu and the rest of your crew fondly.

Gary Hern
02-17-2003, 8:26 AM
Very good job with your fixes. It really spruced that thing up! Not overly so that it takes away from the tractor, but just right in that they compliment it!

Tom Sweeney
02-17-2003, 12:43 PM
I really like the trim & the laser engraving is really cool. I'm working on a small box myself that has already had a few - shall we say design changes ;) .

It must be great to work for someone like that - the box is a fitting trubute.

Rik Rickerson
02-17-2003, 10:41 PM
Terry,

Very cool box! Nice job. You gotta love anything that combines woodworking and tractors.

Rik

Bud Duffy
02-18-2003, 12:16 AM
What beautiful mistake!! I wish i could screw up that good.