PDA

View Full Version : Corel Upgrade issues

Martin Boekers
09-02-2011, 3:25 PM
Corel had a great deal in Aug so I took advantage of it.

X5 Limited package with an Intuos tablet and Painter 11
For about $250. So I upgraded from 12.

The problem I am having is when I open a previous file (From 12)
it comes up with a lower res "cross hatching" when engraved. Even though I
do most of my work at 600dpi this is coming out like 150-200 dpi.

Is there something I missed while upgrading?

When I build a new file all is well.

Thanks!

Jeff Aichinger
09-02-2011, 8:59 PM
Here you go Martin-
http://www.epiloglaser.com/tl_colormgmt_corelx5.htm
this should fix your problem.

Martin Boekers
09-04-2011, 4:58 PM
Thanks!!!!

That appears to have taken care of the issue.

One question I use the same comuter for printing images and Dye Sub on other printers
will this create an issue there?

Ruben Salcedo
09-04-2011, 8:30 PM
Martin,

make sure you set it up correctly for dye sub, you will be fine with your laser since is going to be set up in RGB mode, this is what is required for both.

Ruben

Scott Shepherd
09-05-2011, 10:22 AM
One question I use the same comuter for printing images and Dye Sub on other printers
will this create an issue there?

Yes, it certainly will create an issue. I don't use Corel for Dye Sub, but I suspect you can save color management settings. You'll have to switch between them to make it work. I have the same issue with Illustrator. If I print to dye sub or I'm preparing a file for someone else to print (CMYK), I have to change color profiles or it'll be a mess.

Ruben Salcedo
09-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Ok, let me clarify my statement.

In my previous post I'm referring to the the Document Settings under Color Management, the Document Setting if set to Sublimation it has to be set in RGB mode and it should be fine for laser engraving, for sublimation you have/need to set the Default Color Management Settings with a specific ICC, (that is IF you need an ICC) Rendering Intend etc., the same applies to other printers processes and you should save the settings as presets and use these presets accordingly, for lasering I just use the preset "Simulate Color Management Off" with my Document set to RGB mode, it works just fine.

Ruben

Adam Mufford
10-06-2011, 2:10 AM
Thank you, I had the same problem when I switched to X5.
I'll see how it works tomorrow.