PDA

View Full Version : Band saw blades?

Russ Massery
02-22-2005, 10:03 PM
What brand of band saw blades do you use and why? I have a 14" Rockwell/Delta using 93 1/2" blades. :rolleyes: I've been considering trying Tiber wolf blades.

Dennis McDonaugh
02-22-2005, 10:11 PM
I tried them, but prefer Woodslicer from Highland Hardware. They stay sharp longer and track truer. I'm also leary of their "low tension" claim. I'm not a scientist, but I don't see how Suffolk machinery can make a bandsaw blade that requires less tension than everyone else's blade. Seems to me if they can do it everyone else would too.

Steven Wilson
02-23-2005, 12:50 AM
I use a 1" Lennox Trimaster carbide blade for resaw work and Timberwolf blades for curve work and bowl blanks. Lennox carbide won't work on your saw (a 1/2" one might) but the Timberwolf blades are great; give Suffolk Machinery a call and ask them for recommendations based on what you want to cut. Also get ahold of Louis Iturra and have him send you his bandsaw catalog; lot's of great stuff to improve the performance of your saw.

Mike Cutler
02-23-2005, 5:28 AM
I had the best luck with the Woodslicer 1/2" 3tpi from Highland hardware, for resawing. For other applications the Timberwolf's were ok. I don't buy the low tension claim either, but they do make quality blades. You may want to check out the attached link for Lennox blades for your saw. Very nice blades, but expensive.
www.toolcenter.com/Lenox/93.5blades.htm

Ken Salisbury
02-23-2005, 6:14 AM
check the "Similar Threads" listed at the bottom of this thread

Mike Holbrook
02-23-2005, 8:02 AM
Highland Hardware's Woodslicers were rated the best bandsaw blade in Fine Homebuilding / Woodworking's 2005 Tool Guide.

I'm not prejudiced but they are local to me. They have gotten waaaaaay to much of my money over the years.