PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Laser

Tracy Imrie
09-02-2011, 7:01 AM
Just when laser is required, it goes on the blink? my fault switched machine on to do job and table rose up to measure jamming under the bridge.

Have cleared and tried to do a job but we cannot get table to rise or fall, both axis x & y work in vector mode

Can anyone help?

Regards

Alan

David Fairfield
09-02-2011, 7:11 AM
Better just hang out and wait a little till Epilog tech support is open and able to diagnose.

I've jammed the table before, part of the reason why I never ever use autofocus feature. To clear a jam, I immediately switch off the power, so the motor doesnt burn itself out. Removed the front panel, and pulled the rubber belts manually to lower the table. For future reference I marked the direction to pull, to lower the table, with a magic marker. All was well after I cleared the jam.

Dave

Tracy Imrie
09-02-2011, 8:08 AM
Thanks for that Dave, we have tried to ease off the rise and fall lead screws but they appear to be stuck solid, kind of frightened to force loose? although it is now 2.00pm here we are still waiting for an answer from epilog some service we contacted them at 11.00am .

Regards

Alan

Frank Corker
09-02-2011, 9:26 AM
Tracy, it is as Dave has said, remove the front panel. Inside you will see a belt running from left to right. Reach in, cross your hands over and grab each side of the belt, now drag your hands so they are uncrossed. The belt will cause the table to drop. Keep doing this until the table has dropped sufficently - about 4". Turn your machine back on and this should have unlocked the problem. Do this while the machine is switched off and it should not cause the machine any problems.

Tracy Imrie
09-02-2011, 10:21 AM
One again a BIG thank you to the sawmill creek members for helping us out got the machine working :) (still waiting on call back from Epilog Tech Help)

can now get on with the work we have to get ready for today

Tracy & Dad (Alan)