PDA

View Full Version : Thermark LMC94

john passek
09-01-2011, 1:21 PM
Has anyone used the Thermark LMC94,( for Glass and Ceramic) if so how did it turn out , would you recommend it to others, do you have any pointers on using it such as settings, application techniques etc. If it didn't work well what problems did you experience.
Thanks for any input.

P.S. I did try a search with no luck.

Dee Gallo
09-01-2011, 2:42 PM
John,

I've used it for plain ceramic tile (cheapies from Lowes) and it works very well. I used the settings recommended by Ferro and needed no tweaking.

For your 50w, they say to use: 40% power, 15% speed, 500dpi (I used 600)

If it turns blue-grey: you used too much power or went too slowly. For ceramic, they recommend a thick and even coat sprayed on (no see through). But if it's TOO thick, it might not stick.

For glass, it's trickier. 18% power, 8% speed and a VERY even coating is needed. See their youtube video for a good demo of spraying.

I find that cleaning the substrate first and then being careful not to touch it is important. Do a test first to make sure your laser will do what you want!

Good luck,dee

Riki Potter
09-01-2011, 7:05 PM
I haven't used this but I'm curious about it.
I've done alot of engraving on glass and never used any sort of catalyst for it, what sort of results does this yield?

Jeff Belany
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM
I've used the LMM-12 which I believe is the old formula and it has worked very well on white ceramic. Did a bunch of coaster on ceramic after Home Depot discontinued the white and brown marble I had been using. Only downsize is the cost. Next time I will buy the compound and spray it myself which should be a little cheaper. But the aerosol can is so easy to use.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

john passek
09-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Thank you Dee and Jeff.