PDA

View Full Version : Laser hanging on a node

Nigel Morgan
09-01-2011, 1:13 AM
Hi All,

I have read here about one or two people having this problem, I have not got double nodes, no lines outside the cutting area, these are files I have cut for years, now all of sudden laser stops for a moment at a node, continues firing, it baffles me, Epilog said something must have changed in the enviroment, but nothing has, the laptop is just used to run the laser, so only windows updates installed, if these were causing the problem then no doubt Epilog would have a fix, when the laser stops for that moment there is a beep from the motherboard, any help, advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nigel

Ernie DeMartino
09-01-2011, 10:13 AM
My guess is that the file is corrupted; I had a similar issue with a corel file a while back. I copied the design into a new CDR file and the file ran as expected. Hopefully this helps.

Ernie

John Noell
09-01-2011, 4:22 PM
I've had the same experience as Ernie. However, sometimes restarting everything (computer, Corel Draw, and laser) fixes it. Very odd. I really do not like spooky behavior when using the same file I have cut from a hundred times or more.

Ernie DeMartino
09-01-2011, 5:40 PM
John, I agree with you; should have pointed that out first.