PDA

View Full Version : Oneway Versa Mounting System

Joe Vincent 63
08-31-2011, 9:53 PM
Anyone use Oneway s Versa mounting system? It looks interesting, but not sure it buys you much versus a regular face plate.

Joe

Faust M. Ruggiero
09-01-2011, 7:44 AM
Joe,
The Versa system is meant for the user who might own two or more lathes with different spindle threads. You mount your chucks and face plates to the Versa then you only buy an adapter for each machine one time.
faust

Hilel Salomon
09-01-2011, 8:40 AM
The Versa system can be handy for a single lathe as it can handle various sized faceplates, some of which can be attached permanently to jam chucks and other devices. I have two sets (one in SC, one in VA) but I don't use them much because I really like using a center marker (which helps hold the faceplate for fastening) with faceplates. I therefore use Don Pencil's aluminum ones or heavier steel ones.Sure wish william Noble still made those inexpensive faceplates, but he doesn't seem to respond to my inquiries.

Gukek

Hilel Salomon
09-01-2011, 7:57 PM
Slight correction. I did get in touch with Bill Noble-my own post reminded me to try again-. He does have some good prices on faceplates, and I'll be ordering some.

Hilel

Michael Kellough
03-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the tip to contact Bill Nobel. I just bought an Oliver lathe and hadn't realized how scarce 1-1/8, 8tpi accessories are. Bill offers that size (and many others) at very modest cost.

Jon McElwain
03-29-2013, 2:13 PM
I've got the versa mount but I do not use it much. I thought I would buy more faceplate rings for it, but I bought complete faceplates in various sizes instead. Consequently, I happen to know where you can get a versa mount with a 6" faceplate ring cheap! :D