PDA

View Full Version : C.b.n

allen thunem
08-31-2011, 4:58 PM
well after reading the rave reviews on the D-WAY C.B.N. grinding wheel I felt a strong sucking coming from who knows where, so unfortunatley i had to act on it.
Had a delightful chat with the owner and his wife, both wonderful people. I hate being the only kid on the block without a new toy::(( And god knows this is gonna make me a world class highly sought after wood shaving creator.
( he who dies with the most toys wins,, correct???)

John Keeton
08-31-2011, 5:11 PM
Allen, there is no doubt in my mind you will love it! Dave is a really nice guy(as is his wife/partner), great woodturner, and he also makes some very nice turning tools! I have one of his gouges and enjoy using it quite a bit.

Gilbert Vega
08-31-2011, 7:05 PM
I thought about buying one of those wheels based on the article in Am. Woodworker but kust couldn't bring myself to fork over that much money when I have 2 new wheels at home.

Gilbert

Steve Schlumpf
08-31-2011, 7:40 PM
I have the wheel and it is a wonderful thing! Best advice I can offer is to use a VERY light touch! Even at 180 grit - the wheel removes steel extremely fast!! Just wanted to alert you - seriously - a very light touch!!

Ralph Lindberg
09-01-2011, 12:31 AM
At a BBQ earlier this month Dave said

What is the difference between a Professional Woodturner and a Large Pizza

A Large Pizza will feed a family of four

Josh Bowman
09-01-2011, 6:33 AM
the wheel removes steel extremely fast!!
And skin!!!! Since it runs sooooo balanced, it's almost silent on my grinder and the wheel has mass, so it coasts forever. I got a little too close and nicked the old middle finger. That won't happen again!