PDA

View Full Version : Corel Question

Craig Matheny
08-31-2011, 2:27 PM
Looking for an fast and easy way to remove a duplicate line when you nest 2 squares together. Currently I weld them and re draw the center line is there a faster easier way or a macro that can do this?

matthew knott
08-31-2011, 3:24 PM
On X3 (not sure about later versions as i dont have any on my home laptop) there is a graph paper tool, you can enter the number of boxes you want and you get exacty what you need. On mine i press the (D) key and it draws the boxes

Mike Mackenzie
08-31-2011, 3:52 PM
Why not just draw common vertical and horizontal lines to make your squares.

Craig Matheny
08-31-2011, 3:57 PM
The square is just an example to explain the concept. The parts are more complex the simple squares but there are times I have double lines and want a fast way to remove them it could be a curve that has two lines.

Mike Null
09-01-2011, 5:02 AM
Craig

Your example can be handled with the previous suggestions. Can you provide an example of the curve?

Have you considered converting shapes to curves and using the knife tool?

Craig Matheny
09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Mike I can do it manually but there are times I have 30 - 40 of these to do just trying to pick up the pace

Lee DeRaud
09-01-2011, 4:04 PM
Have you considered converting shapes to curves and using the knife tool?I think the "knife tool" (AKA Virtual Segment Delete") does the convert-to-curves thing auomatically if you apply it to a shape...works that way for ellipses anyway.

John Noell
09-01-2011, 4:12 PM
If you have two lines, one on top of the other, to remove one just pick the virtual segment delete tool, click on the lines and you are done!

Mike Null
09-01-2011, 4:18 PM
Lee

You are correct.

Craig Matheny
09-01-2011, 5:51 PM
Lee very cool didn't know about that knife thank you..

Ryan Smith2987
09-02-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm relatively new to this, but I use CorelDRAW X5 and I think you can just take one of the shapes and convert to curves, then right click it the 'center line' and select delete. That should delete just the one line leaving one center line to cut.

Bill Jermyn
09-04-2011, 8:33 AM
If I'm cutting equal rectangles, I just create a series of vertical and horizontal lines, reverse the orientation of every other line, order them in the object manager in the order you want them to cut, select just the horizontal lines and print them, then select the vertical lines and print just those. Speeds up the cutting considerably since there's less movement and stops and starts.