PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft 220V Dust Collector Remote System Not Working

Charlie Barnes
08-31-2011, 1:14 PM
After several (5?) years of use, my Woodcraft 220V dust collector remote system stopped working. Actually, the original 12V battery died (no indicator light on the remote and low voltage showing on a multimeter). However, since I replaced the battery I have not been able to get the system to work. The battery checks good and I get a strong indicator light on the remote itself. I even thought that I might have accidentally changed one of the DIP switches on the remote when I had it open, so I took the case off of the receiver and confirmed that the switch settings are all the same on both (transmitter and receiver). I guess it's possible that there is some internal component that died at the same time as the battery, but that seems like a big coincidence. Any ideas?

Charlie

Jerome Hanby
08-31-2011, 1:26 PM
Do you still get no indicator light with the new battery. If still no light, maybe the battery wasn't the original problem. Since the battery had been in their that long, is their any corrosion on the contacts? I've seen cases where that crap finally eats through a connection.

Not sure if they have changed overthe years, but looks like you can buy a replacement key chain fob for about $25...

Charlie Barnes
08-31-2011, 2:22 PM
Do you still get no indicator light with the new battery. If still no light, maybe the battery wasn't the original problem. Since the battery had been in their that long, is their any corrosion on the contacts? I've seen cases where that crap finally eats through a connection.

Not sure if they have changed overthe years, but looks like you can buy a replacement key chain fob for about $25...

I get a strong light with the new battery and there is no sign of corrosion on the contacts. I wonder if they would let me try out a new fob in the store with my old receiver to narrow down which end of the system has the problem.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-31-2011, 2:25 PM
Just a silly question....can you start the DC manually?

Charlie Barnes
08-31-2011, 2:34 PM
Just a silly question....can you start the DC manually?

Ken - that's not such a silly question, but yes I can start it manually. I'm just lazy and like my remote!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-31-2011, 2:42 PM
No problem Charlie....I just wanted to be sure the problem wasn't in the DC and not the remote system. I went online to Woodcraft and I don't see a manual for that remote. Without a schematic, it will hard to provide any assistance.

Another question....is there a battery in the receiver too? The one currently shown on the Woodcraft site states "Batteries included"........as in multiple batteries......

Charlie Barnes
08-31-2011, 3:57 PM
No problem Charlie....I just wanted to be sure the problem wasn't in the DC and not the remote system. I went online to Woodcraft and I don't see a manual for that remote. Without a schematic, it will hard to provide any assistance.

Another question....is there a battery in the receiver too? The one currently shown on the Woodcraft site states "Batteries included"........as in multiple batteries......

I don't think there is a separate battery, but I'll look just to be sure. Thanks for the input.