PDA

View Full Version : Corner roundness in corel draw

Tom Sieczkarek
08-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Having problems with drawing rectangles and rounding corners in corel draw. When I go to shape the corners they are distorted. I know there is someplace to change the distorted corners and make them equal, I just don't know where.

Neal Schlee
08-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Having problems with drawing rectangles and rounding corners in corel draw. When I go to shape the corners they are distorted. I know there is someplace to change the distorted corners and make them equal, I just don't know where.

Select the rectangle and unlock the padlock for the corner radius in the tool bar.

Neal

Tom Sieczkarek
08-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks Neal,
Right in front of me and couldn't find it. Thanks again!

Frank Corker
08-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Just as an added point, if you round the corners off and then expand the rectangle the corners will distort. Make your rectangle first, then make the corners round. An easy way to make the corners round is to use the SHAPE tool (F10), select the shape tool and go to one of the corners, you can then drag it right or left and visually watch the corners bend.

Ruben Salcedo
08-30-2011, 1:50 PM
Just as an added point, if you round the corners off and then expand the rectangle the corners will distort.

Frank,

I'm going to add another point here too, I see that you have Corel X5, and in Corel X5 was introduced as a new feature the capability of maintaining the corner ratios the same as you set them up, no matter the dimensions you change on the rectangle after the fact, but for this to happen the "Relative Corner Scaling" button needs to be toggle off, otherwise the corners will scale with the new dimensions of the rectangle that you change it to, you can change/Edit the ratios of the corners any time you want, change the dimension of the rectangle while keeping the corners the same ratio... while you keep it as a rectangle shape, if you change/convert it to curves then all of the editable features of the corners goes away.

Ruben

George D Gabert
08-30-2011, 3:30 PM
For the anal engineering types (like me) that want precision you can use "window"-"dockers"-"fillet/scallop/chamfer" then enter the fillet radius you want to use.

Regards
GDG

Frank Corker
08-31-2011, 2:33 PM
Frank,

I'm going to add another point here too, I see that you have Corel X5, and in Corel X5 was introduced as a new feature the capability of maintaining the corner ratios the same as you set them up, no matter the dimensions you change on the rectangle after the fact, but for this to happen the "Relative Corner Scaling" button needs to be toggle off, otherwise the corners will scale with the new dimensions of the rectangle that you change it to, you can change/Edit the ratios of the corners any time you want, change the dimension of the rectangle while keeping the corners the same ratio... while you keep it as a rectangle shape, if you change/convert it to curves then all of the editable features of the corners goes away.

Ruben

Thanks Ruben, we learn something new every day.

Tom Sieczkarek
09-01-2011, 8:57 AM
Thanks to everyone for all your help.