PDA

View Full Version : Just have to brag

Byron Trantham
02-22-2005, 6:07 PM
I have been trying to get my 14" Jet bandsaw to "work properly" for some time. I was connected to Iturra Designs (through this site) and with a few mods I can now re-saw with abandon. :D I finally had a need to do some re-sawing of 6" wide red oak. I was able to saw 1/16" strips! :D :D In all the time I have owned this saw (a blue one), I have not been able to cut with any predictability. Now here is the real deal breaker. After I finished I was "putting things away" and went to de-tension the blade and realized I forgot tension it in the first place! Guys, the cut was great. I can't to "do it right". ;) Ok, back to work. :rolleyes:

Mike Cutler
02-22-2005, 6:20 PM
All that time fighting my Jet 14" and all I had to do was forget to tension the blade :eek: . " I hates rabbits".
Louis is a sharp guy, he helped me out with my Jet 14" also. Always nice to hear a success story

Jeff Sudmeier
02-22-2005, 9:51 PM
Congrats on your sucess story. It is nice to hear that you have been able to achieve your goal, even if it took awhile :)

Doug Shepard
02-22-2005, 9:56 PM
So that's the trick. I'm going right out and permanently remove the tension adjuster from my saw. Thanks for the tip.
Seriously - which mods did you end up doing?

Kevin Herber
02-22-2005, 9:57 PM
Congratulations - What were the few mods you did?

-- Kevin