PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol drying presentation in Bremerton, WA.

Dave Smith
02-22-2005, 3:27 PM
Wednesday February 23rd I am going to give a presentation on the alcohol bowl drying process to the Olympic Peninsula woodturning club in Bremerton, WA. The meeting starts at 7PM. If you are in the area please come and join in the fun.

I will have bowls that I have processed along with my containers and scales for the demonstration. With everything necessary to go through the wrapping process there shouldn't be any misunderstandings. I had trouble explaining the process to the Big Island turning club last month. I learned that seeing is everything when explaining a process. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new people and hope to see some old friends Wednesday night.

5088 NW Taylor Road

Dave Smith

Sunshine and warm, is this really Longview, WA?

Rick Prevett
02-22-2005, 3:49 PM
... I had trouble explaining the process to the Big Island turning club last month. I learned that seeing is everything when explaining a process....

Dave, any chance you get some pics so we all could 'see everything'? I've used your procedure a few times with good results, but the more 'closed' a piece is, the more trouble I seem to have with it.

rick

Jeff Sudmeier
02-22-2005, 4:31 PM
Yeah some pics would be great! I am interested in the process, but pics would clear it up :)

Dave Smith
02-22-2005, 5:54 PM
Check out my web site for link to an article with pictures. My site is listed in my profile.

Dave Smith

Packing my props in Longview, WA.

Rick Prevett
02-23-2005, 11:48 AM
Thanks Dave, great article that should answer everyone's questions.