PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little guidance on a Laser Engraver

Ed Valasek
08-29-2011, 8:10 AM
I am new to engraving with Laser's and am looking at a few different options. I have an opportunity to to purchase 2 different used machines and 1 new. The used machines are: Pinnacle Accuris Powerharp 12 (30-watt) for $4995 or a Pinnacle Mecury L-40 (40 Watt) for $4900. I also was looking at a Rabbit System which I liked the cabinet design because it has pass-through doors for front to back and side to side which I may need for larger projects and I do not see that on the Pinnacle or LaserPro machines. The 40 Watt Rabbit is $5900.00 and seems to be missing some of the features of the Pinnacle and LaserPro system but new. Anyone able to give me an idea if they think the prices are decent and which one they think is a good deal? I know it may be kind of hard but I want to make sure the price is good before I make an investment that large and then end up with something that doesn't produce results.

Thanks!

Ed

Chuck Stone
08-29-2011, 3:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Pinnacle and Laserpro are both the same company, Pinnacle\
being re-branded. Not familiar with the Pinnacle model, but the Laserpro
should have a pass through front to back. I know they're easy enough
to use, but not sure about prices.

Ed Valasek
08-29-2011, 4:51 PM
Thanks Chuck! Yeah the LaserPro Pinnacle L-40 Mecury appears to be from gccworld.com and the Accuris I can only find information from signwarehouse.com Kinda frustrating as they both seem to decent products. I can only find reference to the Mecury II on the gccworld website so I don't know.... Pricing wise I want a good deal obviously but want to make sure I am not over paying for something that doesn't work well.

I appreciate your input and thank you for responding.

Ed

Hilton Lister
08-29-2011, 5:35 PM
Accuris is Signwarehouse own brand. I'm surprised that there are no pass through doors on the Mercury as my one older model Mercury has them. I have to say that my Mercury has served me well (only 25w) and replacements have been limited to small parts that I have damaged through my own stupidity or hamfistedness. over the last 5 or so years. It is not as fast as the later models, but is a great workhorse.

Rodne Gold
08-30-2011, 8:22 AM
Short answer , buy the 40w mercury from a GCC/laserpro rep. Better still , buy a Spirit if you can swing the extra.