PDA

View Full Version : Vase Series

Bernie Weishapl
08-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Well the LOML came up with more drawings so I went to work. These are all from Elm as I had several pieces laying around that were 2 or 3 yrs old. She wanted a couple with no scallops and just plain wood. One with a lid and the other without. The other two are scalloped on with the plain wood and she wanted a red rim. Not sure about that but hey if she wants it who am I to argue especially when she told me I could order some Easy Wood Tools. The other is another red one this time with a lid. I sanded it back some to be able to see the grain. Probably could have sanded a little more but still learning this dyeing thing. Anyway all finished with rattle can lacquer. They are 6" tall and about 5" across. So I guess now we will continue the series but I told her they would have finials. She said ok.

Roger Chandler
08-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I really like these Bernie........a unique form and well done! They have a striking appearance that would look good in any display..................

Harry Robinette
08-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Bernie
They are all beautiful, keep it up,I really like the scalloped ones, Your work is really nice.

mike ash
08-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Bernie - Great job on all of these, but the scalloped ones are my favorites.

Mike

Ted Calver
08-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Well the LOML came up with more drawings so I went to work. Well done Bernie. I think you two have a good thing going on!

Alan Tolchinsky
08-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Very nice Bernie. I especially like the contrast with the black. Very interesting shapes. You and the wife make a good team. Alan

John Keeton
08-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Bernie, you are on a roll with these vase forms!! Really some neat variations, too. I like the colored ones best, I think.

Bernie Weishapl
08-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks everyone. They are a lot of fun and did a new one today based on a suggestion and another design that we talked about.