PDA

View Full Version : Marking S/S face-plates with Cermark

Craig Matheny
08-27-2011, 3:21 PM
I have read and read the post on Cermark and Thermark I have decided to use Cermark being it sounds like more people use this and have been happy with results....
Here are the questions...
Do I need to pre-clean the plates? If so with what?
I have about 400 to do so I will use my airbrush how thin I have read some go 5 - 1 others 10 - 1?
What is a good setting to start with 45 watt laser? Is the recommendations on Laserbits site pretty good starting point?
Do you have any Advise that would make this go easier?
Price per plate ("SW. 1 Brkr. 12" average text per plate) I am being offered $4.00 per plate for single line of text $5.00 for double lines it seems to be a good number?
Thanks for any advise.

Mark Sipes
08-27-2011, 5:46 PM
Currently working a job with single duplex, double dupex, 1-2-3 gang toggles, decor plates, and keyed. stacked 10 plates up to just expose engraved area then sprayed 50 at a time. New plates have a plastic wrap, so no cleaning is needed. Set up jig/template in Corel .. had customer send Excel spread sheet or single line text of required text and then just imported/merged into template.

Ran at 100% power 8% feed Trotec 25 watt. 15-20 sec per plate........... average 3 per minute........charged $3.50 each 1 line & $4.00 2 line . Might consider a flat set up/prep fee to cover spray/wash off time.

Dee Gallo
08-27-2011, 7:18 PM
Craig,

Ferro has a good youtube video which demonstrates the correct way to spray and how thick it should be. Well worth a few minutes of watching.

cheers, dee

Craig Matheny
08-27-2011, 8:11 PM
Thanks sounds like I am on the right track, Dee I will watch the video never gave that a thought:eek:

Bill Jermyn
08-29-2011, 12:17 PM
As cleaning the stainless before applying the Cermark, I use De-Solv-It Contractors' Solvent. Works great.