PDA

View Full Version : Irene's Victim

Brandon Shew
08-27-2011, 1:14 PM
My neighbor's tree shed it's top 1/2 earlier today and it took out my workshop. Blew out most of my lighting, shattered about 60 bf of lumber in the rafters, koocked off 2 cabinets, including one that holds most of my nice hand tools and finishes. The water intrusion wrecked my stereo amp, cd player instantly, and I anticipate additional intrusion will get most of the rest of the power tools (directly or indirectly w/ rust). I have them covered as best as I can figuring the tarp may be better purposed directly over the machines under the roof.

The kicker is that the worst part of the storm hasn't even made it here yet...

ray hampton
08-27-2011, 2:36 PM
I hope that you can restore everything back to the way it was before the storm

David Nelson1
08-27-2011, 2:42 PM
That suxs Brandon. I would have lost my mind LOL

Randy Dutkiewicz
08-27-2011, 3:55 PM
I'm sorry this happened Brandon. I honestly believe that if it happened to me, all I'd be able to do is stand there for a few minutes and cry:(

Bob Direso
08-27-2011, 4:10 PM
Brandon, Good luck with the cleanup. Your homeowners insurance should cover some of your costs even though it isn't your main house. The most important thing is I'm assuming you were not in the shop at the time so count your blessings. bob.

John Fabre
08-27-2011, 4:57 PM
Brandon, how's your family and yourself doing.

Jim O'Dell
08-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Hope all of you on the East Coast ride this thing out as best as possible. Brandon, sorry you've had a loss, but it is all replaceable. Jim.