PDA

View Full Version : Accessories for the 1" Bench Dog Holes in my Sjoberg Workbench

Alan Lightstone
08-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Don't know how I missed this beforehand, but I just realized that the holes in my new Sjoberg Elite 2000 Workbench are 1" diameter, not 3/4". I discovered this when my shipment of wonder dogs arrived from Veritas and they are all too small.

I'm clueless why they would put 1" holes on this workbench, and outside of Woodcraft selling some 1" bench dogs for it, it appears all other accessories are made for 3/4" holes.

Are there any other options for 1" accessories out there? And anyone have any idea why the oversized holes?

glenn bradley
08-27-2011, 2:59 PM
Sized for those good-old whack 'em with a mallet iron holddowns that many folks like. If it were in my shop I would glue dowels into the 1" holes and drill 3/4" holes but, that's because everything I have is designed for 3/4" holes. One is not better or worse, just more popular with the after-market folks. Like trying to find bolt-ons for a 14" bandsaw; they're everywhere. A 12" or a 17"; not so much.

Rob Fisher
08-27-2011, 6:39 PM
Glue plugs in the 1" holes and drill new 3/4" hole.

Rick Fisher
08-27-2011, 6:49 PM
I wonder if you could line them with some 3/4" ID pipe .. then when the holes where worn out, you could replace them ?

Probably more trouble than its worth.