PDA

View Full Version : Life is tough.....tougher if you're dumb

Jim Heikes
08-27-2011, 8:25 AM
So I go over to Home Depot this morning for some lumber. My friend who works
there said they sold 24 generators in 90 minutes yesterday because of Irene. However the talk of
the store is the couple who came in, asked to look at the generators, then asked
if they could see electric generators because they didn't want to deal with
gasoline,,,,,,,DOH!!!!!:eek::eek::D:D:D:eek:

ray hampton
08-27-2011, 8:48 PM
gasoline will give off fumes but I doubt that this couple have to worry about their fumes

Jeff Nicol
08-27-2011, 10:05 PM
These are the ones we hope are not the only ones to survive a huge catastrophe, there would be no one to tell them what to do when there is no food to eat. You have to wonder how they survived this long being that daft!

The worst thing is they vote too!

Jeff

Kevin W Johnson
08-28-2011, 10:29 PM
I've always thought that there are people too dumb to cut themselves out of a sealed cardboard box with a knife and directions.....this backs up that theory.

It's really sad....

curtis rosche
08-28-2011, 10:39 PM
thats ok,, when i was working at an amish shop during a decent storm over the summer i asked my boss what happens when the power goes out. :rolleyes: ,, his reply was we keep workin,,, then said if the deisel goes out its time to find a new job cause they arent cheep :p

Ron Jones near Indy
08-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Kind of scary to think they may have kids.

Peter Scoma
08-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I stopped in HD on Friday evening to pick up some shelving.

Let me tell you it was quite a sight. Housewives were balancing sheets of plywood on shopping carts to board up their windows I suppose. Based upon the boxes of nails and solo hammer ontop of the plywood I'm guessing this effort would be their first foray into anything construction related. There was also a 20 foot line waiting at the panel saw full of customers needing dimensioned sheets.

Of course the whole thing turned out to be nothing but hype, at least in my town on the edge of Philly. Heavy rain and a few twigs on the ground after the whole thing had passed.
MrR

glenn bradley
08-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Now why didn't he just show the folks the nice electrical electricity maker and sell them the perpetual motion mahine to go with it?

Rich Engelhardt
08-29-2011, 3:51 AM
I've long maintained that everyone should have to:

- Spend 24 hours in jail.
- Work in a retail store for a month waiting on what drags itself in through the doors (usually 1 min past close, with a big grin on it's face and saying "I just made it!"...then they produce a list of items they need as long as a gorilla's arm)
- Get fired from a job they desperatly need.
- Work as a car salesperson for 2 months.

Couples like Mr. and Mrs. Clueless are quite common in retail stores. Trust me on this one - they were the talk of the store for ~ an hour until something came in that topped them.

Marty Paulus
08-29-2011, 6:54 AM
I've long maintained that everyone should have to:

- Spend 24 hours in jail.
- Work in a retail store for a month waiting on what drags itself in through the doors (usually 1 min past close, with a big grin on it's face and saying "I just made it!"...then they produce a list of items they need as long as a gorilla's arm)
- Get fired from a job they desperatly need.
- Work as a car salesperson for 2 months.

Couples like Mr. and Mrs. Clueless are quite common in retail stores. Trust me on this one - they were the talk of the store for ~ an hour until something came in that topped them.

My wife works in a grocery store in the area. The one's I love are the phone calls on Thanksgiving day asking if they have any fresh turkeys. When the answer is NO the callers get upset and ask why? Of course the real fun are the ones that actually make it to the store and are standing in line with a frozen bird telling the cashier how they need to have this bird cooked for the family dinner in 6 hours....DOH!

Jim Rimmer
08-29-2011, 12:30 PM
To quote Ron White, "You can't fix stupid."

Larry Edgerton
08-29-2011, 8:22 PM
I was remodeling the inside of American Spoon Foods a few years ago and a couple of society ladies came it to try the items on the sample table.

One of them says to the other:

"You almost have to taste it to appreciate the flavor".

And the other one agrees.......

Brilliant!

My brother and I were at a local pub watching a race we had won on TV, with my brothers name mentioned every 10 seconds when a local character watching it with us, that has known us all of our lives, leans over serious as a judge and asks:

Is this live?

Here's your sign........

I hired a guy a few years ago as a laborer. I asked if he knew how to tear down scaffold. "Yes" he replied. I showed him the wall I wanted torn down, six flights about 70 feet long. No problem he says.....

I go to the other side of the job where the crew is working and we hear a huge crash! We all go running and here is this guy standing there with a big grin on his face, and all of my scaffold in a twisted pile on the ground. He had cut all the ties and pulled it over and had not a clue he had done anything wron, proud as a peacock he was.

And unemployed.......

Larry

Brian Ashton
08-30-2011, 8:49 PM
People in emergencies (or perceived) buy the oddest stuff... When we got hit with the cyclones and storms in Queensland a panic set in in our area, and we werent even in a danger zone. People were buying huge quantities of things like milk and meat. All the things that would spoil in no time if the power went out. A lot of the shelves were stripped bare even in our area except for canned, dried or long life foods. All the sorts of things one should be stocking up on.

ray hampton
08-30-2011, 9:00 PM
BOY , you are sooo right, when the weather forecast call for deep snow, everybody in this neighborhood gets to the store to buy milk and other perish good

Jason Roehl
08-30-2011, 9:45 PM
It's French Toast Syndrome. If there's a storm, people buy all the eggs, milk and bread from a store, so the storm must be making them hungry for French Toast.

ray hampton
08-30-2011, 9:50 PM
it is to bad that FTS is fatal to the general population

Bonnie Campbell
08-31-2011, 2:56 PM
BOY , you are sooo right, when the weather forecast call for deep snow, everybody in this neighborhood gets to the store to buy milk and other perish good

At least the weather can be presumed to be cold enough to put the food outside in the cold if the power goes out lol The bad ones buy TV dinners in the summer....

ray hampton
08-31-2011, 4:13 PM
tv dinners , we need to pass a law making tv dinners illegal for people with false teeth