PDA

View Full Version : After the Deluge

Mark Singer
02-22-2005, 11:27 AM
There was a break this morning
I took the boys, Java and Dexter for their well deserved walk.Yesterday we were drenched. Dry paths off the trails behind our home have become streams. The sky still open , but it had the promise of still more. I light sprinkle was reflected in the puddles now approaching small lakes...I will start naming them....The goats were grazing just over the ridge...in a field of green...the sea beyond...on this morning only the sheperds...and the sky preparing for another round as we wait

Cecil Arnold
02-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Mark, welcome to Texas weather. I hope you and the family come through safely. At one time we would tease back and forth with our LA friends about earthquakes vs. tornadoes and hurricanes. It now seems that the left coast is getting a fuller spectrum of nature.

Bruce Page
02-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Albuquerque is on track for the wettest Jan/Feb since 1863 when they started keeping records. It's strange but I love it!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-22-2005, 1:16 PM
We keep getting snow every night, which then melts during the day. We are getting some large lakes, I mean puddles around us :)

Jeff

Scott Coffelt
02-22-2005, 1:25 PM
Seems about the same here in KC. Been trying to get the ground dried out enough to do a perk test, just my luck now that I want to build we'll have the rainiest year on record.

At least no mud slides here, take care out there Mark.

Mark Singer
02-22-2005, 6:56 PM
I just got a Tornado warning. It is moving from Dana Point north to Newport, I am in the middle. I went around closing all the latches on windows and doors, We shall see!

Bruce Page
02-22-2005, 7:13 PM
I just got a Tornado warning. It is moving from Dana Point north to Newport, I am in the middle. I went around closing all the latches on windows and doors, We shall see!
Mark, be safe!

Karl Laustrup
02-22-2005, 8:12 PM
Mark, glad to hear everything is OK so far. Tornado. Who'd a thunk! My mom had tornado warning over the weekend, I think, down it Hemet. They scare me more than earthquake or anything. You just never know exactly where they are going.

Keep Your Head DOWN!

Jerry Clark
02-22-2005, 9:31 PM
California tornados -- These are classed as F1 -- wind 100 MPH and may rip roofs and patio covers. Also are small in size. so not a lot of damage from them. Over the ocean they are called water-spouts. Still having a lot of rain. Almost 35 inches so far-- all time record is 38 inches set in 1888-89. Mid- West toronados are F3-5 and may reach winds of 300 MPH.