PDA

View Full Version : Screwup alert

Rick Potter
08-25-2011, 3:24 AM
Well, they don't call me the village idiot for nothing.

Last week I trimmed a couple trees with my 18V Makita cordless sawzall. Works like a champ on limbs up to about 3-4 inches. I use a pruning blade called an 'Ugly Stick'. I took a spare battery with me, in case I needed it. I needed the battery a couple days ago, and cannot find it.

Here comes the idiot part. When I trim trees and bushes, I usually put all my trimming tools on top of the full trash barrel, and wheel the whole thing out of the back yard. Don't get ahead of me here. I have been doing it this way for years, but it is just possible that I missed the battery when I removed the trimming tools from the barrel. I cannot be positive, but that is the only scenario that makes sense. That barrel went away a week ago.

I sure hope I am wrong, as it is an $80 battery. :mad:

Rick Potter

Stupid is, as stupid does.
(Forest Gump)

Rich Engelhardt
08-25-2011, 6:26 AM
Here ya go! The answer to your problem!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?95161-The-best-way-to-find-lost-tools....

:D

Kent A Bathurst
08-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Rick............welcome to the club.

Rick Potter
08-25-2011, 2:26 PM
Kent,

Welcome? I am a charter member of this club.

Rick P

Ken Fitzgerald
08-25-2011, 2:28 PM
Rick.......you aren't the only member. PDAMHIKT

Matt Meiser
08-25-2011, 2:37 PM
Yep, I once threw away a brand new tweeter from a $300-something set of car speakers.

Turn it into an "opportunity" to buy another tool in the lineup. For "not much more" you can buy a tool, second charger, and 2 batteries.

Ron Conlon
08-25-2011, 4:39 PM
Don't feel bad- I've lost at least three pairs of pruners exactly that way.

Myk Rian
08-25-2011, 5:36 PM
I had 2 foot pedal speed controls for motors.
Cut the cord off the new one and threw the pedal away.

Doug Morgan
08-25-2011, 6:51 PM
The old man says I can live with my arthritis, my dentures fit just fine, I can see with my bifocals, but oh how I miss my mind.

Steve DiMasi
09-04-2011, 9:23 PM
I lost a BlackBerry that way! Expensive mistake.

Jim Matthews
09-05-2011, 10:08 AM
I cut most limbs with my handsaw and limbing axe.

They each have a single wrap of bright orange electrical tape so I can find them, you know, under the pile of brush I made - with the axe and saw?

jim
wpt, ma

Lee Schierer
09-07-2011, 4:02 PM
Go buy the new battery and use it once. You will find the old one the next day. DAMHIKT

Gary Kman
09-08-2011, 7:31 AM
Tough break. Hope it was an old battery, they don't last forever anyway. Particularly bad because I have found that blue, (rarely found in nature) is easy to find on the ground. I keep a spray can of blue for log chains, splitting wedges and other outdoor equipment.

Dave Gaul
09-09-2011, 8:53 AM
Go buy the new battery and use it once. You will find the old one the next day. DAMHIKT

That's funny right there!

Matt Meiser
09-09-2011, 9:18 AM
Tough break. Hope it was an old battery, they don't last forever anyway. Particularly bad because I have found that blue, (rarely found in nature) is easy to find on the ground. I keep a spray can of blue for log chains, splitting wedges and other outdoor equipment.

Good tip Gary!

Rick Potter
09-09-2011, 6:17 PM
Well I haven't found it yet, I guess it is really gone.

Rick Potter

Gary Herrmann
09-09-2011, 6:25 PM
If it helps balance the scales, I walked into my pool last weekend with my mp3 player in my pocket. Then wondered why the music stopped.