PDA

View Full Version : Ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian Jeffcock
08-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Well I guess we learn from our mistakes, but it still hurts sometimes. Just putting the final fix on Lanies art work and then....(lucky no one was listening)..
Lanie had used a fine tip sharpie to make the small black detail on the trout. I didn't even think of it until everything started to run. Not sure if I want to sand it or see how far I can throw it. Lanie said she forgives me, but she wasn't smiling when she said it.
Pics aren't very good, but I'm not planning on keeping them

Rick Markham
08-25-2011, 1:15 AM
Oh Man :( that stinks! I'm super sorry!!!

Norm Zax
08-25-2011, 3:17 AM
If you find the right diluent, you can generously spray the piece and perhaps remove all the sharpie to start again. Make sure the surrounding wood is sealed or else it will absorb the black fluid.

Steve Schlumpf
08-25-2011, 9:26 AM
Wow... hope you can find a way to remove the sharpie without sanding and totally starting over! It is going to be a beauty once finished!

Bernie Weishapl
08-25-2011, 9:46 AM
That is a bummer. I did the same thing when using a sharpie to outline a couple of vases and got heavy handed with the finish. Hope it works out because that will be a beauty.

Steve Vaughan
08-25-2011, 10:10 AM
I think DA will remove sharpie ink. Not sure about the other colors, but don't guess it would hurt to try.

Barry Richardson
08-25-2011, 11:02 AM
That was some beautiful artwork too! Maybe you can just say its "tiger trout" now;)

Paul Williams
08-25-2011, 11:04 AM
I have used DA to remove sharpie ink that was over WOP. It removed the ink and seemed to have no effect on the poly.

Reed Gray
08-25-2011, 12:19 PM
There are India Ink type Archival type pens that you can buy at some of the larger stores, or art stores. They don't run like the sharpie will when you oil, or spray them.

robo hippy

Sid Matheny
08-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Oh wow! If crying would help, I would cry for you. Enough to make a person sick when something like that happens.

Sid

Joe Adams
08-25-2011, 11:12 PM
I use denatured alcohol all the time to remove "permanent" marker ink. It's worth a shot.